• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Needing a big hug. - had a slight binge.

ladylite

Well I have just had a binge, well sort of, just had two ryvita thins - not bad eh - but spread thick with butter is not a good thing.

Well my poor daughter, 24 years, is up at threshers week in Leeds with her boyfriend and he is trying hard to dump her. He is only 19 so I knew it wouldnt work. She loves him, but he wants to be free and single, although he thinks a lot of her.

I am not interferring, as I really want to tell her to stuff him the big "B", but it is so difficult sitting here doing nothing, like I must.

Oh it was so much easier changing nappies and filling bottles you were in control then. I just hope she doesnt get too upset.

Ahhh I know how you feel Mary, it is so much simpler when they are babies! My daughter is 28 and I feel her pain as if its my own sometimes but you have to step back and let them learn by their mistakes.........its soooooooo hard. I wouldnt worry too much about your mini binge, at least you know what you did is wrong and you havnt carried on.....Hope things improve for you and the daughter :D X

Ahhh Mary. Not much of a binge really hon, was it?:D What would you have binged on pre-op?
I'm so with you on the feeling pain for your children thing. My youngest son broke up with the first love of his life last year (aged 16!) ...following a 4 hour phone call, he came and launched himself on my bed, utterly sobbing and broken-hearted....when I eventually managed to get an intelligible word from him, it was, "she's dumped me!"
Oh the heart-break. I would have taken it myself rather than see him go through it.......but that's what growing up is all about eh? All we can do is be around to pick up the pieces eh?
Can you try to find a different coping mechanism? Put on some loud music and blast it out? Kick the dog :eek::eek: (not really!) muck out a horse?

Well anyhow...what you need is TLC and hugs........so sending oodles of that through cyber-space.
Charis xxxxx

Hi Ladylite, Its true what they say when thye a little thye make your arms ache, when they big they make your heart ache! She will be ok with a supportive mom like you. I know its terrible to watch them get hurt and you are so powerless as you want to take their pain for them. Both mine have been in this situation, my daughter(I have a son and daughter) has had a couple of broken hearts in particular. But you know what doesn't kill em make em stronger. It's hard but all you can do is just be there for her. Look after yourself too.
Sending you and your precious daughter a huge hug.

Linski xxx

i send a 'hug' sweets, and you could have blown out far far worse than what you did, i wouldnt worry shows you have 'control over your eating hey' as you didnt get a cake or anything.... unfortunatly there inst much you can do apart from be there to mop her tears and give some 'mummy' cuddles :( lifes beeep sometimes hey xxxxx

shows tho he isnt the right guy for her and proberly not worthy to xxx

Awww Mary, don't we just feel every knock for our kids... I'm just the same!

I hope your daughter just goes out and has one heck of a good weekend and washes him right out of her hair.... eventually the penny drops and you realise life is better without these types of men.

Enjoy your small indulgence... love and hugs, Bev xxx

Fank u folks, I still feel a bit down, but I think that is only natural until it is all sorted out. Being left in the air isnt a good feeling and I cant keep phoning to ask how it is going.

Anyway regarding the binge I had it just goes to show how good this op otherwise it would have been -

3 fried egg sarnies
whole packet of rich tea dunked in tea
3/4 packets of crips in a sarnie
and then I would have had to have a sleep, and would of felt bloody orrible, and even more down.

So todays binge isnt too bad, but I think the feelings hurt just a wee bit more cause I cant stuff them down.

But you know what, his is my new life, and I have got to learn to cope with it in another way.

How about SEX ........... nay, I feel too tight.:8855::8855::8855:

Hahaha Mary... that's sounding a lot like me... it's really made me smile precious!

Love and hugs xxx

Aaahh!! Mary, I feel so sorry for you. But if you call 2 ryvitas a binge (we'll not mention the butter ;)), then that's okay!!
Everything happens for a reason. Take care

Your daughter is young and beautiful and in 6 months will hopefully have another nice young man in her life and this weekend will be a distant memory...

Sending hugs xx

Back