• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nervous!!

clairyb

Omg...I'm flying out tomorrow to a strange foreign country to have someone cut out my stomach.......what am I doing? lol Well thats one of the thoughts that keep bombarding my brain. Others are.......is it going to hurt like hell at first. I had my gallbladder out in the eighties by a butcher (left a lovely 8 inch scar on my belly, I wasn't stitched but had some sort of plasters stuck over it . Just caused it to pucker up and yuk!!) but nevermind, that bloody hurt when I woke up and I felt gruesome for a long while after. Has anyone had that sort of op..and how does a sleeve compare? Im not normally a worrier but I'd be lying if I didnt say it wasnt bothering me!
I'm worried that my liver hasnt shrunk enough, mind you reading through forums that is very common! Im worried that that my scar might stop them from operating too.....its horrible on the outside so gawd knows what its like on the inside!
Im also worried because I am going to a doctor that no one on here seems to have gone to yet..........help!!! Still at least I will be able to get the first review in!
I'm going on my own which I thought wouldnt bother me but I wish I had someone with me :cry: Get a grip woman!!
Im taking my tablet with me and there is wifi so at least that will stop me going mad with boredom. I cant fly home till the following sunday as there are no flights on saturday. Still I guess it's maybe better to stay a bit longer when you are in another country.
Anyway, I can honestly say I'm excited.......impatient....AND BRICKING IT!! :8855:

Hi Clairyb
Your so brave :) im sure everything will be fine, Ive read a few stories on here from ppl who have gone abraod and everything was fine.
But its only natural for you to be worried.
Good luck and just keep thinking of all that weight your gonna lose.
We look fwd to meeting the new you!! :)))
lots of love n luck
Mandi xx

Good luck, Clairyb !!!

Sorry I don't exactly have answers to your questions -- before my sleeve op, I had never had any other major surgery so for me this was the first operation under anaesthesia.

The pain was only like (hmmmmm ....?) really really bad period pain AND massive all over flu at the same time for the first 2 days (aches and pains and generally feeling weak) but was tolerable.

I also had doubts about .... what if my liver hasn't shrunk enough ..... or what if my combination of breathing problems (asthma, chronic rhinitis and mild sleep apnoea) means that they can't do the sleeve op, because it's too difficult to get both a bougie and a breathing tube down my throat ...... what if they end up having to give me a band or something else instead?

All NONSENSE !!!!

My specific pre-op collywobbles might have been slightly different to yours, but they were all rubbish, and unfounded -- I'm sure yours are as well.

BEST WISHES. :)
xx

Good luck my love. Im sure everything will go beautifully! I'll see you Thursday morning!! What flight are you getting on sun(20th) as we fly back in the morning! Gooood luck xx

Hi kat....I think my flight is later.....going to leeds bradford it doesn't depart till 830 pm worst luck. There wasn't a flight back on sat and fridays might have been to early .....even tho Its gonna drag here I think Iwould rather have a day extra incase of complications.

clairyb said:
Hi kat....I think my flight is later.....going to leeds bradford it doesn't depart till 830 pm worst luck. There wasn't a flight back on sat and fridays might have been to early .....even tho Its gonna drag here I think Iwould rather have a day extra incase of complications.

Good luck clairyb.... U will be fine.... Look forward to see how u get on... Mine this time next week ..xx

Hope it goes well for you too.....how's the pre op diet going?

Just relax and make the most of your time in bed recovering! You won't feel upto much anyway do not like you'll be whizzing around sight seeing! Doubt you'll see much more than the hotel n hospital! Good luck x

clairyb said:
Hope it goes well for you too.....how's the pre op diet going?

It's going ok... Had a few teary moments but I have lost 7lbs so far and 3 inches... Keep us posted Hun. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Good luck chick! Just stay focused on the new you!
Xx

I had my Gall Bladder out in the 80's too ! And I have a huge scar from my breast bone to my belly button...sounds like the same surgeon !!! Lol

I had my Gastric Sleeve op 6 weeks ago and was a complete doddle compared to my awful experience of having the Gall Bladder out.
It just doesn't compare...in a a good way.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, I know the thought of surgery is frightening but, make sure you tell people how nervous you are , so they can help you with any fears/concerns you have.

We will all nudge up on the Losers Bench and await your return. xxx

Back