• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric/Band-Sleeve

xTraceyx

I am seeing my doctor tomorrow to ask to be refered for a gastric/band or sleeve on NHS. More than likely the band though. Im in a part of Scotland where i know it is available on NHS but just wondered if those of you that have had it on NHS got refered easily or really had to fight for it? Im dreading going as i really dont't know what kind of response im going to get.

mandy-1975

Hi Tracey

I had the Bypass 3 weeks ago on the NHS, I fitted the Criteria and my doctor happily referred me, I had a BMI of 56 and was diabetic, and other problems I was referred in the November and got my appointment at the hospital in March and had my op 15th May.... It does vary where you are.....

Sorry not much help, I am sure other people will be along very soon to explain there experience!

You can also email me on [email protected]

xTraceyx

Hi Mandy

Thanks, i have a BMI of 40 almost 41 so im hoping/praying my doctor will refer me for the Lapband. as there is no way i can afford to go private i did look into it but it's too expensive.