• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new and been referred for surgery

michal90

Hi Every one

Im new to this site, im 24 year old married mum of 1, and after 5 years battling the weight and yoyoing up and down and one failed attempt at trying surgery I have now fully decided to go for it, and been refferred for my first appt which is a group info session, I am doing the surgery at the whittington hospital in London, if any one has any experiences of surgery there and ESPECIALLY the waiting times for appointments I would love to hear from you, got refferred from my super supportive GP exactly 4 weeks n 1 day ago (yes im counting :p) and still waiting for my first letter she said it will take upto 6 weeks.

wish me luck!!
xxx
Mich

Welcome and the best of luck with the timescales Mich.

Lots of support to be found on these pages :)

Welcome and good luck what surgery did you have before, waiting for letters are the hardest part ? x

Hi Mich and welcome to the forum. I was referred to the whit too but they took ages to respond so I called them to enquire only to find they did not have my referral in 'their system'. They said the best way was for the gp to fax the referral through and they called me to confirm receipt so I suggest you do the same. All the best with it.

Hello and welcome :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Good luck Hun...long road but everyone says worth the wait. I was referred in the beginning of February by my gp then first homerton hospital appointment on the 22 April second 10 of June got to have a sleep apnea test tomorrow evening and hope that I will get to hear the results and possible date by august anything before would be a plus. So depending where you are the wait is different but bare with it. Best of luck Hun and vent your frustrations or questions on here. There is always someone that replies x

Welcome michal90! :)

Hi guys thanks for all your comments.

I guess I could call and check that they have received my referral good idea. I haven't had any other surgery but been seeing a private dietician for the last 4 years and tried heaps of diets. I am so excited and kind of just wish I had the money to go private and have the op already. I think I want to go for the sleeve. My Dr said from referral to op date it can take 12-18 months!!!! Seems like ages!

Hi and welcome Mich. Good luck to you :)

hi guys,

small update called the Whittington hospital and they said they got my referral and gave me my first appointment with consultant really happy because think my gp managed to swing it that I skip the education group session as been to it years ago.

any way first appointment is in 10 weeks, beginning of sept. so excited but also downside is slowly realising its probably very unlikely I will have the surgery in 2015 now unless things go very quickly after my first appointment. does any one have any experiences of NOT having to go for any extra tests, like psychologist and sleep apnea etc.... Also does any one know what the waiting times are like atm once you are put on the list for surgery. ahhhhh sooo excited.... my consultant is Mr Ali Alhamdani

mich
xxxx

That's great news michal90! So excited for you :D

Great news Mich - well done

Back