• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nearly there and getting nervous

LisaG

Disappearing slowly
Hi everyone,

I've been a member for a while but really didn't get the site at first so haven't been too active.

Anyway, I'm waiting for a date for GB at the Whittington. Under Mr Heath who says he has spaces for Feb. Funding is clear and all assessments are done so just waiting for pre-op and to start liver shrinkage.

I've seen there are a few people on here under Heath or Sufi and wondered how long it has been taking people from pre-op to surgery. I've been told 1 to 3 weeks but wondering how liver shrinkage fits into that.

Hope someone can shed some light.

Lisa x

I've replied on the other thread aswell but might aswell finish my answer here!!! I think the Whit have a mandatory 4 weeks liver shrinkage diet. I will be doing the low cal version!

Thanks for getting back to me Meggie. 4 weeks though? Thought it might be a little quicker. Maybe I won't make Feb after all :( Thanks for letting me know.

Lisa

When was your pre-op??? Was it the one where you have all the blood tests etc or was it the meeting with Mr Heath or a doc??

No pre-op yet. I had a call today to say they should be contacting me this week to come in for pre-op...blood etc.

Ah ok!!! When was your appointment with Mr Heath? Strange question but were you given the form to take down to the appointments desk? I have the number for the appointments desk if you want it! Always worth giving them a call!! Can't hurt!

Oooh...I wasn't given a number. I spoke to Lorna today who told me I would be contacted for my pre-op at some point this week. A number might be handy if I haven't heard anything by Friday.

Haha I may be a LITTLE impatient!!!! Well let me know if you want it!! Good to hear he still has appointments in Feb though!! OOOOOOOooooooh wouldn't it be weird if we were in on the same day!!!

LOL...Very weird! Will keep you informed. Thanks for your help Meggie :)

No probs!! Hope you get your appointment soon.

By the way, are you gonna come to the support group on Thurs???

Hi Meggie,

Did you go to group yesterday? I went but was cancelled...unfortunate that no one let us know.

Well, it's been a week now since I last spoke to Lorna and I haven't heard anything about my pre-op. If you have that number I'd really appriciate it. Thanks x

Hope things are going well for you :)

Lisa

Awwwwwwwwww i went too! Wish I'd known you were there!!! Was so cross when I realised she wasn't coming! What a waste!!

Will PM you the number. You didn't get it off me though!!

Back