• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New and Need advice

MazBot

Hi Guys, totally new here, I found the site a couple of weeks ago when I finally made up my mind I was going to ask my GP for a referral.

Living in Birmingham, Ive read loads about Heartlands surgical team, people's experience etc. so I would have a list of things I wanted to say to my GP.
My BMi has reach over 49 :( Ive tried, exercise on script, metformin, Xenical, dieticians and even been sent to the WL Clinic before, but over the years just got bigger and bigger until now Im just not functioning physically well and its affecting my life and career.
Well, after our discussion this evening he's happy to refer me to Dr Taheri of the weight loss clinic (again). Am I likely to have to start all over again or will I be referred then directly to Mr Super as it would suggest in the NICE guidelines?
Anyone had any similar experience.
Thanks xx

Hello love, just wishing you well on your journey... I really can't be sure about your question, but someone will read and know a lot more than me... in any event... I hope you can work it all out and get the help that you are needing... take care and do what you can to help yourself on your journey... sending love and a hug to you xxx

Hiya, there are a fair few Heartlands folks on here so hopefully one or two will see your post and give you some relevant info.
Perhaps if you edit your post (use the go advanced button in edit) and add "heartlands" to your thread title , you will be spotted a bit easier x

Welcome to the site. Hope you find the info you are looking for soon. xx

Hi Mazbot and welcome. Sorry I can't offer advice either but I hope all goes well with you. xxx

Thanks for all your warm wishes, thought I might have had more advice though..... I will hang on in there though :D

hi maz and welcome, maybe the people who can help you havent logged on yet, so you might get more advice as the day goes on, hope you get sorted, hugs xx

Hi Mazbot, I have just had gastric bypass surgery on tuesday. Like you my GP prescribed Xenical, weightwatchers, then he suggested a referral for surgery. You won't need to go through it all again although I was referred in May 2009, the surgeons here in Sunderland just keep bringing you back to clinic along the way checking you have lost weight. I wish you all the best.

Hi and welcome.

There are a few patients from Heartlands on here who will advise you on the process. Im also from Brum, well, Sutton Coldfield but I had my surgery at Walsall Manor.

hi mazbot, had my band five days ago at the heartlands, went to weight loss clinic taheri was nice but had to prove my self to him. took a year befor he reffered me to the heartlands, my surgeon was niijar. heartlands was quite far from my house but well worth it, they were great. hope you get sorted soon.

Thanks Mandy, I have my appt in July, but I have already lost 17kg since being to him. I hope he doesn't want me to prove myself even more!! Lol

Back