• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New and nervous

sarah1712

Hi ladies I am seriously looking into wrap with professor ammori. I'm stuck in a horrible rut where I need to lose weight to have IVF. My worries are what my diet will be like? And it baffles me how I could survive on 500 cals a day forever? And if I got pregnant would I be able to feed my baby with enough nutrients. I also panic about the surgery and afterwards. How long will I need off work? Sorry to ply you with questions but always good to hear from peeps that have already been where I am !!!!

I had a wrap earlier this year with Prof. Ammori and am very pleased with the results.

In initial couple of months, your intake will be really low. I now average about 900 cals a day, but probably 1200 on my one day a week eat what I like day.

I avoid carbs most of the time, am really strict on fat content and calorie intake. If I wasnt watching or being as careful, I could easily eat more calories (and volume if I really wanted too)

If you got pregnant, Jennie and Cath would give you all the support you need. Speak to Cath (the bariatric nurse) - she's had WLS herself and lost over 14st. They aren't scary - honest !

I dont think you'd have any issues with calorie intake after the first few months. They dont advise getting pregnant within the first 12 months. I'd tell them of your plans and aim for the IVF after you shift the weight you need to lose.

I've got several good friends who have had successful ivf. Good luck ! x

...and depending on the situation, you may not need IVF once the weight is dealt with? I was told I couldn't have children ... and I now have 5 year old twins x

I lost over 4 stone by cutting out all bread / potatoes / pasta / rice several years back and found myself pregnant. My little one will be 5 in October ! Kept it off until he was about 1.

Unfortunately, I put it all back on afterwards... plus extra.... then had a wrap earlier this year. I think I'll always have the devil on my shoulder.

Back