• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new and very confused!!!!

bevymama

Hello everyone!!!!

Im 33, fat, miserable and have just booked a consultation for a gastric band...any advice welcome!! I have booked it with the hospital group at bromsgrove and have since heard a few bad stories though have also heard good!!! Am really panicing now!!!!!!!!

Bevy xxxxx

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I found the Hospital Group at Dolan Park in Bromsgrove excellent for my needs. The surgeon was Mr. Sigurdson and he was brilliant. The nurses were lovely and the price was good as in comparison to other places. I had a package with no aftercare which suits me as I have support at an NHS weight managment clinic. I pay £125.00 for fills. I have had one and am v pleased (the x-ray was within the basic price though). Good luck to you x

Hi Bevy and :welcome2:to mini's. I'm sorry I can't help as I'm nhs for banding but I know there are other mini's peeps that have had there surgery done there and will be along to help you. Good luck on your wls journey and hope you find this forum helpful to you.:welcome2:
xxxGaynorxxx

Hi Bevy. Welcome. Just ask whatever questions you want answers to and there will be someone along with a wealth of knowledge I'm sure.

I'm in London awaiting a gastric bypass :)

Hi I had my op at bromsgrove in feb lost 2 stone and feel good, the hospital is good nurses lovely so dont worry, I get my fills done from wendy at WLS group for £85, hope this puts your mind at rest

Welcome to minis Bevy - i'm not able to answer your questions either as i am awaiting bypass on the NHS but there are many other wonderful people on this WLS forum that have had a band op and they will be able to give some great advice on where to go, who to see and what to do. Looking forward to getting to know more during your time with minis

hi bevy, i had my op there as well and also had same surgeon as jenni i must say the care i received was brilliant nurses and surgeon and anaesthetist were all great i had to fly from belfast on the sat and had op sun and flew back on mon i wish id had it done years ago as ive spent my 30s on a constant diet i must say this site has also been a god send as i have had a few queries which have been answered straight away all the best for your appt keep me posted. Julie x

Hello everyone!!!!

Im 33, fat, miserable and have just booked a consultation for a gastric band...any advice welcome!! I have booked it with the hospital group at bromsgrove and have since heard a few bad stories though have also heard good!!! Am really panicing now!!!!!!!!

Bevy xxxxx

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:[/QUOT:confused:E]

Hi - dont really know much about them apart from what the lovely peeps on here have said. I had my band fitted by the WLS Group who may be able to do the op a bit closer to home (Mrs Cakey Bun had hers fitted in London). Quite a few people who have had their bands fitted elsewhere have their fills done by the WLS Group (see Coups above) as they offer specific packages for this for people who's op package did not include fills.

The surgery with 2 years unlimited fills/defills and excellent aftercare costs between £5950 and £6950.

Good luck !
x x x

Hello everyone!!!!

Bevy xxxxx

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hi bevy i went private but had a gastric bypass so cannot help on the banding part, however just remember the consultation is just that. if you do not like what you hear from them, do not feel comfortable ect you do not have to proceeed. is it a free consultation? most offer them free as its to draw people in so they can obtain your money.

Hi bevy, I had band fitted in Telford by Mr Siguardsson, he is lovely. £7500 with 2 monthly post op follow ups, with fills. Then back to his NHS clinic. Hope this is of help.I havent even managed a blog yet just posts!

best wishes
Tracey

hi my names rachel i had my gastric band fitted in march in dolan park hospital with the hospital group it was nice and nurses were lovely. my doc was mr super i thought he was very good. i came from ireland so my after care is with a branch they have over here its all inclusive i paid 9000 euro :)

bevymama
i too had my band fitted at bromsgrove last Thursday. My Surgeon was Mr Sigurdsson. Both the surgeon and the nursing staff were absolutaly fantastic and i was made to feel very suppported and as if i was the only patient they were caring for ( there were 7 other bands fitted that day). I can not praise my experience with WGA / hospital group enough and would highly recommend them to anybody. I am a nurse myself and would rate their care as outstanding.

Last edited:
Welcome.
Like you I am new to this. I contacted several companies and found out as much as poss. I also found some good and some bad comments and it left me really confused and worried as paying so much money you want it right. After feed back from here I decided on twlsgroup. For the same money as the others it was closer to home too. Good luck!

Hi i had my band done on 15 april at dolan i could not fault them i have lost more than 2 stone and feel great.Dr super did my op the nurses were lovely and he was very nice .Any op is a risk but i am so glad i have done it .Best of luck

:welcome:Hi Bevy
I'm fairly new here too. Can't comment on band as i'm booked for a bypass. Like you i asked a lot of questions on here ( still am) ha ha and everyone is so helpful. I agree with BabyJayne i researched the surgeon as opposed to the price, that's why i'm travelling to Manchester from Glasgow to get Mr Ammori, he appears to have a great reputation from the guys on this site who have had him as their surgeon so worth looking around.
Allie x

Hiya,

I had my band done with Mr Sigurdson on 30 April at Dolan Park, hopsital group, found it all fine, nurses lovely, didn't see that much of Mr Sig but was told he's an excellent surgeon. Just getting over the biggest part of the discomfort and starting to feel normal again and looking forward to starting eating soft foods tomorrow! I travelled from South Wales and paid £4,950 which includes x-ray on 30 May and £125 for band fills then. Hope this helps. Hope you decide to go ahead as I spend from my twenties dieting and got into a terrible yo yo spiral in my thirties, laxatives etc, wish I had done this sooner, feel more in control now.

Back