• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice

:confused::confused: After many years of losing weight and regaining, plus extra lbs, I have decided to proceed with a Gastric band.
I feel humiliated and ashamed of myself that I have had to resort to this instead of adopting some self control and reducing my intake of calories,but my joints are now beginning to trouble me with the excess weight I am carrying and prevents the exercise to support wt loss.
I am looking to have the procedure with the Hospital Group either in Bromsgrove or Cambridge and would value any ones views experiences of this organisation.
Or if you would recommend a different company/hospital any advice gratefully received.
Its not something I am entering into lightly and have researched extensively into WLS.

Hi I was also ashamed that I had to put myself through a operation for weight loss but its the best thing I've ever done I started off at nearly 19 stone beginning of the year I'm now 11 stone 5.. I had my op at the hospital group brooms grove they were all very nice there and make you feel at ease. Good luck Hun xx

OMG Rainbow you have done so well you must be so proud xxxx Thanks for your comments re Bromsgrove it was just what I wanted to hear, bless you.Who was the surgeon? Did you have the Band or Bypass?

Thanks It's the best thing I ever did.. I had the band and my surgeon was dr sirgusson xx

Hello
I attended the Dolan Park at Bromsgrove, The place itself is a smart clean building, the rooms are small and very sparsely decorated but I was not there for the room as long as it was clean with a good standard of hygiene it meet my needs
My Surgeon was Mr Richardson, he would not win personality of the year but his surgery was first class, I have had no problems at all and I am 5 weeks post Op

The Dolan park is a no frills place but they all seem very efficient
I hope this helps you

PS
don't dither.. I dithered for several years and I am now 61 years of age and wished I had done it all those years ago :)

i had my band fitted through Healthier weight and they have been fab. I didn't like the hospital group or the way they were when I first enquired plus I wanted a surgeon and anaesthetist with a zero % mortality rate and found that with HW, highly recommend them for pre,during and post op care :)

Having a band is not an easy option, do not feel ashamed you are making a choice to change your life and health and a band does only a small % of the work - the rest is totally down to you.

I've lost approaching 11 stone with my band, still battling to get restriction after an over restriction episode, but don't regret it for one moment

Last edited:
I went to the hospital group bromsgrove I had mr super. Couldn't fault the place, the staff, the surgeon. I had a band and have had 2 fills they have been fab and so has the aftercare.

I was ashamed too told only very close family and 2 friends. Go for it it's the best thing I could have done.. It takes a lot of adjustment and life style changes. Stay on here too the support and people are great.. Good luck

I had my op with the Hospital Group at Dolan Park on Sept 24th, same surgeon as Minn.

It all went very well and I found the whole experience very positive and the aftercare very good (so far!).

Also the price was good compared to some other providers, and includes 2 years of aftercare/fills. I looked at Spire amongst others - they wanted a fortune!

I agree with top Kat I didn't like the hospital group. The consultation felt false. I liked the fact that healthier weight only deal with weight loss surgery. Not all manner of plastic surgeries like THG. I'm only a 2 weeks post op but they've been brilliant. I can't say what long term it's like yet but I wish I'd had it done years ago before I let myself get this out of shape. I felt ashamed too but it's about doing something that will have a long term impact. Xxx

Last edited:
:confused::confused: After many years of losing weight and regaining, plus extra lbs, I have decided to proceed with a Gastric band.
I feel humiliated and ashamed of myself that I have had to resort to this instead of adopting some self control and reducing my intake of calories,but my joints are now beginning to trouble me with the excess weight I am carrying and prevents the exercise to support wt loss.
I am looking to have the procedure with the Hospital Group either in Bromsgrove or Cambridge and would value any ones views experiences of this organisation.
Or if you would recommend a different company/hospital any advice gratefully received.
Its not something I am entering into lightly and have researched extensively into WLS.

No need to feel ashamed. Feel proud you have decided to take control with the help of a band. You still have to work with your tool. It's not cheating! Luckily i didn't have any health issues, but it was only going to be a matter of time before I did have, unless I changed my behaviours. It took me a couple of years to take the plunge. I went with THG and Mr Super did my band op at Bromsgrove 2 1/2 years ago. I got to goal in 10 months and am over 11 stones down. It is a business so a bit like a no frills conveyor belt, but I found the down to earth/matter of fact service of my surgeon and two years aftercare spot on. No complaints whatsoever, and I actually like the fact they do other procedures there. I had a mastopexy with implants the year after and the nursing staff and two surgeons were absolutely fantastic when I had post op issues (that could have happened after any surgical procedure in any hospital). Best of luck with your decision :D

Thank you Michelle xx This is just what I needed to hear. I am certain this is what I need to do to gain some "normal life back again" Especially as I have just broken a couple of bones in my foot and realised recovery will take longer with the excess weight it is carrying. A Hereford Lass my home town too, live in Northants but visit regular as my Dad still lives in the Ford x

i too can echo everything people have said. I felt ashamed that i had to go to extremes, especially being as though i'm fairly young. But having the op has enabled me and my husband to start living life fully again, and i mean that in every way. i had lost myself in the folds of fat.I think im finding me again now.

We were banded at the spire yale hospital by mr baker. He was excellent, the hospital was great and the nurses great. However i have not heard a dickie bird since being banded which i feel really let down about. I am however getting my first fill next week and seeing the dietician. good luck with your choices x x

I had my band with THG. They have a site 15 minutes from me, which was important to me in terms of aftercare. I've had enough holidays to book time off for fills, but if I ran out of leave I could nip for a fill in my lunch hour!

Hope it all goes well x

Back