• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Bandy!!! Feeling a little deflated 4 weeks in

Doris68

Hi Everyone,

After a long journey of yo yo dieting (everything you can imagine, I’ve tried it) since being diagnosed under active thyroid, hyterectomy and menopausal about 7 years ago it’s been just one long battle. I’ve always been slim and never had to think about dieting until all of the above happened... after lots of deliberation I decided to go for a band.

Only 4 weeks in but feel really deflated and lost, hence why I’ve joined the forum to try and find like minded people going through the same experiences and hopefully when I’m a bit more of a pro, help some other newbies!!

I just feel that since I’ve hit the 3 week point my appetite has come back with a vegence. I’m having to stop myself eating more, but know I could easily.... I know the band is an aid and you have to use self restraint, as pointed out by my nurse but really wasn’t expecting to struggle so soon!

I can’t have my first fill till 8weeks because I’m going on holiday and they won’t do it before I go. This is making me more anxious!!

Am I right I’m thinking that once I start having my fills things will improve? Any advise or support would be much appreciated.

It’s a great thread, with some wonderful support! I hope to become a fully fledged member in no time and be able to share more of a positive spin on my story.

Any advise will be greatly received

Parsnip

Hi, I have no experience in bands but didn't want to read and run. Welcome to the forum and I hope someone can answer your question x

Bling Babe

Welcome to you, our most recent new member Jonicorn had a band fitted just a few months ago and she has had some struggles, if you haven’t seen her thread it’s worh looking it up, we also have a couple of binders who are successfully a few years in which will help to encourage you and alleviate your concerns, it’s still early days for you and although I’m bypassed I’ve no doubt you will be absolutely fine.
Wishing you luck and look forward to following your journey xx

Irene44

Hi Everyone,

After a long journey of yo yo dieting (everything you can imagine, I’ve tried it) since being diagnosed under active thyroid, hyterectomy and menopausal about 7 years ago it’s been just one long battle. I’ve always been slim and never had to think about dieting until all of the above happened... after lots of deliberation I decided to go for a band.

Only 4 weeks in but feel really deflated and lost, hence why I’ve joined the forum to try and find like minded people going through the same experiences and hopefully when I’m a bit more of a pro, help some other newbies!!

I just feel that since I’ve hit the 3 week point my appetite has come back with a vegence. I’m having to stop myself eating more, but know I could easily.... I know the band is an aid and you have to use self restraint, as pointed out by my nurse but really wasn’t expecting to struggle so soon!

I can’t have my first fill till 8weeks because I’m going on holiday and they won’t do it before I go. This is making me more anxious!!

Am I right I’m thinking that once I start having my fills things will improve? Any advise or support would be much appreciated.

It’s a great thread, with some wonderful support! I hope to become a fully fledged member in no time and be able to share more of a positive spin on my story.

Hi and welcome Hun . I’m sure that the lovely Jonicorn will help she has certainly struggled only had her band about 9 weeks or so Catch up with her journey hun xxx

Jules65

Hi Everyone,

Hello and welcome, unfortunately I have no experience with bands but lots of people on here will be able to advise,
Good luck in your journey xx

Doris68

Hi and welcome Hun . I’m sure that the lovely Jonicorn will help she has certainly struggled only had her band about 9 weeks or so Catch up with her journey hun xxx

Thank you flower, I will def get in contact with her! I hope your journey has been a success for you ❤️Xx

J

Jonicorn

Hello

Finally another fellow bander! Woo.

First of all, don't worry. If your appetite is back it means your stomach is healing and reacting nicely to its new friend and it would only be weird if you didn't have an appetite.
Unfortunately for the next few months you are going to have to rely massively on your own will-power and restraint because it can take a long time to reach your sweet spot.
As long as there is a deficit in what you are eating and how much you are moving, there is no reason why you won't lose weight between now and when you have reached your sweet spot but be sure to know that you're not expected to lose weight at this point. infant most people with the band actually gain once their appetite comes back, fortunately, I have developed a love for walking and that is really my biggest tool at the moment.

I had my band fitted on 16th July 2018 and when my appetite came back, I could have literally eaten anything and everything. A good idea at this stage is to aim for things that are crunchy, chewable a bit more substantial than anything mushy so that it goes through your band slower but be sure to chew it properly because if it gets stuck, its a really weird sensation.

I had my first fill on 25th August and they put 4ml in, and it didn't give me any improvement in appetite or portion size. I had my second fill on Wednesday of 1.5ml which seems to be giving me a bit of restriction but its different for everyone. Another girl on here went months and months before having her second fill so you just have to listen to your body but to answer your question, yes, it does get better/easier.

You'll do amazing.

Doris68

Hiya,

Awww thank you so much for replying, I really do feel so confused at this point. I know that the band is an aid or tool but I think they should explain this stage in more detail before the op! My nurse was really quite unhelpful and pretty much made me feel like a big fat hungry cow who just needs to eat less! I just wasn’t expecting to be able to eat as much as this so early!!
Great to hear your journey is improving slowly and I hope I follow the same path...

Thank you again for your reassurance, I will take all your points on board!

Happy Saturday to you and let the weight loss journey continuexxx

Doris68

Welcome to you, our most recent new member Jonicorn had a band fitted just a few months ago and she has had some struggles, if you haven’t seen her thread it’s worh looking it up, we also have a couple of binders who are successfully a few years in which will help to encourage you and alleviate your concerns, it’s still early days for you and although I’m bypassed I’ve no doubt you will be absolutely fine.
Wishing you luck and look forward to following your journey xx

Thank you bling babe for your words of support. This forum is fabulous! Everyone is so friendly and supportive! I think you are all gonna add a little bit of sunshine to my journey ahead! I hope to be able to support other members myself as I gain results and experience. Good luck with your journey too! I hope it’s living up to all your expectations and more!!!

Speak soon ladies!! Feeling much more positive and not so isolated xx

Sarnie

Hi Everyone,

Hi welcome to the forum, I'm pre-op bypass, so can't really help you with your question, but wanted to say hi. The lovely Jonicorn is the gal to ask xx

Bling Babe

Thank you bling babe for your words of support. This forum is fabulous! Everyone is so friendly and supportive! I think you are all gonna add a little bit of sunshine to my journey ahead! I hope to be able to support other members myself as I gain results and experience. Good luck with your journey too! I hope it’s living up to all your expectations and more!!!

Speak soon ladies!! Feeling much more positive and not so isolated xx
I’m feeling fantastic and so far it’s beyond my expectations thank you, we are all happy to help and before long your be offering support and advice to other bandys. Good luck xxx

J

Jonicorn

Yes, he’s great I thought. Direct and to the point Just how I like it!! I’m only in coleshill so your not far from me in Cov

Yeah, not far at all.
You'll have no problem with your fill or port placement with him, the nurses will be able to tell by your scars that it was Mr Super haha.