• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New - but been loitering!!!

jjan3t

Hi everyone :)
I have been looking around the site for the last week and thought it was about time I introduced myself. My name is Janet I live in Darlington County Durham and asked my GP about weight loss surgey last week afte many years of loosing and putting back on +loads more. I was sooooo gobsmacked that he said he would look into it and if he could would refer me that I didn't ask any questions lol. I think I will go to Sunderland but not too sure. I dont have a clue about time scales or if I will be referred thought I would wait a couple of weeks then ask if he has referred me.
Sorry its long than I expected.
I love this website it is sooooo informative.

Hi Janet and welcome to minis, I had my bypass on 8th November and its one of the best things I have ever done...good luck on your journey...xx

:welcome: to minis! There are some North East people on here.

You have come to the best place for support, advice and a few laughs! We all share our journey with it's highs and inevitable lows here. We are good listeners.

Jump in, the water's lovely! lol!

Hi Janet. welcome to the madhouse lol

theres lots of people here who know exactly what you are going through. Theres bound to be someone from your area that will know the criteria and procedure for your particular region.

Good luck with your journey. Look forward to getting to know you x

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome I can tell I am going to be happy here lole
Everyone is doing very well following their surgery I can't wait to find out if it could be me

889319r63iiqwj8s.gif

Welcome to posting Janet! Jump in and get to know everyone.

Shel

I dont suppose anyone knows about referrals for WLS in the County Durham area do they??
I just moved down here in the summer and new to the healthcare system here. I must say it is very peculiar and different from the Newcastle area

Hi Janet. Welcome! Just let us know if we can help you on your wls journey. This site has been my lifeline before and after my bypass. I am 11 weeks out and loving life. Hope you will join us on the losing side soon.

Nic:p

welcome janet !! i think if u live in darlo, then if refered you will get an appointment for sunderland, it shouldnt take to long after the gp has made the referal.

liz x

Hi janet and welcome , you'll love it here:D:D

Hi Janet, welcome to this wonderful site. Good luck chucks. x

Hi Janet and welcome to minis i am sure you will soon be on the losing side. Jump into the water we will all be here to catch you

Welcome to Mini's - it's a wonderful supportive place to spend time. Heaps of warm people who will advise on ANY questions you might have.
Having had a quick look around County Durham seem to adhere to the NICE guidelines but also like to see a history of weight loss attempts i.e. medication, lifestyle programs and dietician input.
I'm sure a fellow County Durham-er will be along to advise from experience.
Good luck with the referral!
Lx

WOW what a fab welcome from you all. This is such a warm friendly supportive group. Thank you so much everyone.

I think I have tried every diet going including hypnotherapy, I went straight for the crisps after it!!
My GP wanted to send me to a class for diet and exercises, but I have tendonitis in both achilles tendons and can barely walk never mind exercise!! so after he has looked into it and if I meet the criteria I will be refferred.......fingers crossed!!

Good news, Janet! Keep us informed - did the GP give you any timescales?
Lx

No I was so shocked that I didn't have to fight with him about it as he is German GP and is quite old school that I didn't even ask where I would be going. I have an appointment in 2 weeks for a BP check I will ask the nurse to check my notes and see is he has done anything.

Back