• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New - but been loitering!!!

hi Janet
I only joined here in december and everyone has been sooooooooooo friendly and helpful here

Hi, Janet, My GP in Gateshead agreed to refer me on Tuesday, it will be interesting to see how we both get on, if successful I will be at Sunderland also.

Hi Lesley
The start of a long journey for both of us!!!
I was at my GP's having a BP check on Monday, was told I needed fasting bloods so went yesterday morning and they did all the usual bloods and hormone check. Was told it was for possible weight loss surgery referral, so I suppose I will have to go and see my GP next week to see if he is going to refer me or not.
You never know Lesley we may be at the same group session. Where abouts in Gateshead are you? as I moved from Gateshead to Darlington last July. I used to live opposite Heworth metro long stay car park

I am loving it here!!
Loving the information and the support people give to each other it's an excellent site

Hello and welcome xxx
good luck with wls

Hi Jjan3t

I have the same prob as you foot wise, tarsals tunnel, tendonitis and plantar fascitis, it's the lack of exercise that has made my weight gain far worse as I am unable to do much. I get the tendonitis in my neck shoulders and wrists also :sigh: amongst a plethora of other things, oh the joys!

I'm in the London area and have been waiting for bypass surgery for quite a long time all told, way over a year anyway. I'm hoping they will be able to give me some kind of indication of a date at my next appointment in March. Hopefully you won't have to wait as long as I have. God luck on your journey :)

Hi Lesley, I know Wrekenton.
Thanks swizzlestick, I think I might be waiting a while. Since I saw my GP I went for fasting bloods 2 weeks ago, I have to have an oral glucose tolerance test and repeat full blood count on 11 March so it seems never ending before I even get referred. I wouldn't mind but I can't understand why I need a GTT as when I pee on a urinalysis stick it is negative for glucose.I can understand the FBC as I do suffer from anaemia at times.........confused

Back