• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new doctor in sunderland

luv2bskinny

i am just wonderin if anybody can help, i have been told that their has been a 4th doctor added at sunderland hospital for wls, has anybody else herd this? if this is the case wil it mean the waiting time for wls go down?? hopefully this is the case as i have my 1st appointment 27th oct nd i feel as though i have been waitin a lifetime already haha x

oooo hope so and then the lists will go down hey!! and ooo ooo my appointment is the 27th tooooo with mr small is it the seminar your going to? x

my mam works through stockton and 1 of the girls she works with has recently had a bypass and she didnt wait very long and it was her who informed us another doctor had been introduced so fingers crossed its true!!! its t seminar kelly so i no i still ave long time 2 wait but if its true about another doctor t list should be go down nicely haha xxx

I waited 20 weeks for my bypass which I had on Saturday & I didn't hear any mention of a new doctor joining the team. Although a doctor I'd not seen before did come around when Mr Balpuri did his round but he could have been a junior doctor.

Maureen the dietician did say to me that they had been given a bit more funding which is why they'd been able to offer additional surgery dates which in turn was reducing the waiting time.

Good Luck

20 weeks, that great!!!!! was that from been refered from the doctor to surgery or from your 1st appointment to surgery??? i am wanting the band so hoping the waitin time is even less for that xx

20 weeks, that great!!!!! was that from been refered from the doctor to surgery or from your 1st appointment to surgery??? i am wanting the band so hoping the waitin time is even less for that xx

nono, to be put on the 20 weeks list it has to be earned that comes later down the line, from seminar to surgery at SRH is 12-18 months depending on the patient, it is a long drawn out process but worth the wait the 20 weeks waiting you will be put on when there happy with you after a few appointments and weight loss targets ect x

Last edited:
ah thanks liz, things r finally startin to look real now my appointment is not far away!!! will i get a weight loss target wen i go 27th??? hopefully i wil then at least t time will fly til my nxt appointment cos i wil be busy tryin 2 lose weight ha xx

ah thanks liz, things r finally startin to look real now my appointment is not far away!!!
yeah 1st appointment is seminar group session, informative about all the procedures ect.

will i get a weight loss target wen i go 27th???
your weight and height will be recorded, they will expect a weigt loss by the next time you will be seen.
hopefully i wil then at least t time will fly til my nxt appointment cos i wil be busy tryin 2 lose weight ha xx

you wont have a 1-2-1 app on the 27th but you will be given the chance to ask any questions at the end, my hubbys seminar is on the 20th the week before yours...good luck x

Sorry for any confusion!! It was 20 weeks fro being added to waiting list, as Liz explained. There are a few hurdles you need to pass before you get to the waiting list stage.

I was in hospital from 3pm on the Friday until 1pm on the Monday & I feel great!! ;)

ah thanks as long as i ave a goal 2 reach b4 my nxt appointment it should fly over, is your wantin a band or a bypass?? fingers crossed the waitin times r slowly comin down, glad you r feelin fine j-mo bet u cant wait 2 c the weight startin 2 come off xx

ah thanks as long as i ave a goal 2 reach b4 my nxt appointment it should fly over, is your wantin a band or a bypass?? fingers crossed the waitin times r slowly comin down, glad you r feelin fine j-mo bet u cant wait 2 c the weight startin 2 come off xx

im currently on band number 2, im having it removed and ive been on the waiting list to convert to a bypass on Nov 5th, so not long for me now, we have a support group at SRH if you would like to attend the next meeting is Oct 28th from 6pm, let me know if your interested x

I was at the seminar on 8th September and Mr Small mentioned (on the hush hush;)) that there was a 4th surgeon starting next year..... so fingers crossed it could possibly bring the waiting time down!!!! yeyyyyy.

I was at a seminar last Wed 29th Sept. The consultant said they were in the process of getting a new consultant and it would hopefully reduce waiting lists.
Theresa x

dont get too excited girls the new dr has been mentioned since my seminar a year ago and was advertised this year but kept having the closing date extended as there was no appropiate candidates or takers, extra funding may help as the job was advertised as being only for 6 months.

good luck with your weight loss journey

brilliant news, hopefully he arrives soon nd get this ball rolling haha yeah liz i have seen that their is support meetings on but i work til 8pm mon-fri so its a little hard for me to get 2 them. so roland and nova have you's been set weight loss targets 2 achive by your nxt meeting?? xxx

yeah i also got told in my seminar in march that they were in the process of bringing in a new doctor.. BUT iv just been told by mr smalls secretary a week or so ago that the waiting time between appointments is now 6months as my appointment has been changed to january 31st (from oct/nov) and iv just read that another lady appointment also been changed from october to february.. im confused lol x

Back