• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

wls sunderland royal hospital

karla

hi im wondering if anyone can help i have an apt to attend a wls seminar on may 1st at sunderland royal hospital im hoping to get a gastric band does this mean my pct have approved funding for me thanx:)

Hi when I went if you were invited to attendthe seminar then funding was approved. However SRH don't do bands anymore only sleeves or bypasses. It will be explained in your seminar but you won't get a band.
X

oh i see why not bands anymore ? bypass is a lot more of a scary option with more risks attached to it but i need the help so if i get the option i will probably go for it have you had the bypass if so how do it go for you id be grateful for any advice xx

I have had a gastric bypass August 2011. Think thye are finding lots of problems with band but don't quote me on that. Tend be doing minibypass now as well as bypass and sleeve, just depends on what medical pronlems you may have how and what you eat, some just eat in volume some just graze all day. They will tell you which one would eb best suited to your eating habits. I have had little or no problems my stats are down the left hand side you can see for yourself xx Tis worth it xx

Back