• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New from london - Finally happening!

hoshiyo89

Hi my name is Nadia and I have been stalking this site for the past 6months

I started my journey (referral) last year July, had the usual appointments and craziness that goes with the process and then complete silence I was sure I got rejected for funding.

So after a few phone calls and many messages on the 14th May I received a phone call informing me that I have been accepted and am scheduled for surgery on the 2nd June!

I can't believe it my life is finally about to change! ??

Hello and welcome! Its great when people hear about this site , join in and see its a fantastic place loads of great people all with amazing stories to tell and share with us all
keep us updated on your progress not long to go now! Which LSD are you doing
where you having your WLS
what surgery are you having

Hello and welcome! Its great when people hear about this site , join in and see its a fantastic place loads of great people all with amazing stories to tell and share with us all keep us updated on your progress not long to go now! Which LSD are you doing where you having your WLS what surgery are you having

Thanks for the welcome!
I'm having my surgery at homerton hospital. I remember reading you had yours there if I'm not mistaken? What was the after care like? If you don't mind me asking
I'm doing the milk diet (didn't trust myself with food I always eat under or over aimed calories)
And I'm having a sleeve. I honestly can't wait, I'm surprised I'm not nervous.

Welcome Nadia
Congrats on your date. There a quite a few of us with ops in June. Mine's a mini bypass on the 10th. Done 3 days of pre op so far, not milk though I couldn't face that myself but I think all of you who do it are very brave.
Good luck with it, only a few days to go.
X

Welcome Nadia Congrats on your date. There a quite a few of us with ops in June. Mine's a mini bypass on the 10th. Done 3 days of pre op so far, not milk though I couldn't face that myself but I think all of you who do it are very brave. Good luck with it, only a few days to go. X

Thanks! And congrats to you also not long now for us both ?

The milk diet is not so bad, once you get through the first couple of days it almost becomes normal. Saying that I can't wait for it to be over lol I'm on day 12 pre op and I'm starting to think it's strange how excited I get over an oxo cube in water lol.

Welcome Nadia Congrats on your date. There a quite a few of us with ops in June. Mine's a mini bypass on the 10th. Done 3 days of pre op so far, not milk though I couldn't face that myself but I think all of you who do it are very brave. Good luck with it, only a few days to go. X

I'm almost sure I posted a reply to this

Thank! And congrats to you too, not long now for us both ?

The milk diet isn't so bad once you get over the first couple of days. It almost becomes normal. Though saying that I can't wait for it to be over lol I'm starting to find it strange how excited I get over an oxo cube in water lol

I did have mine at homerton the care is good did need to remind them to put my leg things back on when they took them off ,something to do with preventing DVT because you can be layed up in bed for long periods think about getting an extra pillow I couldn't get comfortable in the bed so my back hurt more than anything else
also don't do what I did I took so much stuff to the ward I took 3 sets of pjs I only changed from the hospital gown 2 days after my op !take your own head phones in for the tv /radio that each bed comes with they seem not to have enough to go round my surgeon came and saw me the next morning to check on me then the lead nurse for WLS checked on me after that it was the general nursing team who were lovely and kind and suppotive

Replied to this a while ago but think it's messing up on my phone :(
Thanks and congrats to you also, not long for us now =D where are you having your mini bypass done?

Replied to this a while ago but think it's messing up on my phone :( Thanks and congrats to you also, not long for us now =D where are you having your mini bypass done?

I can see both replies so no need to worry :). My bypass is a revision from a band I had in 2007. I developed very bad reflux in the last 18 months that I just cannot live with so it is coming out. I waited 2 years initially after a GP referral but never heard a thing so I went private. Am off back to the same surgeon in Belgium who I trust.
So day 4 pre-op, cannot weigh myself till next Tuesday when I get home from holiday lol so I am flying blind :D

I did have mine at homerton the care is good did need to remind them to put my leg things back on when they took them off ,something to do with preventing DVT because you can be layed up in bed for long periods think about getting an extra pillow I couldn't get comfortable in the bed so my back hurt more than anything else also don't do what I did I took so much stuff to the ward I took 3 sets of pjs I only changed from the hospital gown 2 days after my op !take your own head phones in for the tv /radio that each bed comes with they seem not to have enough to go round my surgeon came and saw me the next morning to check on me then the lead nurse for WLS checked on me after that it was the general nursing team who were lovely and kind and suppotive

I aim to be up and about most of my stay there, I hate hospital stays lol the more you're walking the sooner they send you home (thankfully other than weight I'm completely healthy) - My sister also had a sleeve done at homerton, she stayed one night and was sent home the next day :)
Thanks for the advice about what to bring I was a little baffled as I wasn't sure.

I can see both replies so no need to worry :). My bypass is a revision from a band I had in 2007. I developed very bad reflux in the last 18 months that I just cannot live with so it is coming out. I waited 2 years initially after a GP referral but never heard a thing so I went private. Am off back to the same surgeon in Belgium who I trust. So day 4 pre-op, cannot weigh myself till next Tuesday when I get home from holiday lol so I am flying blind :D

Ah yeah I heard they are trying to phase out the band as people have too many complications with it later in life.
I was looking into going private when I didn't hear anything for a while, then I hopped on the phone cause I didn't waste all that time for nothing lol I find with the NHS you really have to nag them and talk to the people that are in charge rather then their minions that can't tell the arse from their elbow lol.
All in all at least you're getting it sorted soon and by someone you trust so all the better ?

Welcome to the forum Nadia and very best of luck for the 2nd. Not long long now! :)

Hi Nadia, How did your surgery go? Hope you are recovering well!
Hey mrsmccalla! My surgery went really well thanks =) . I was in the theatre at 4 back on the ward at 8 and home the next day by 6pm so not bad at all. As for recovering I'm surprised how plain sailing it's been :) the gas pain was minimal, incisions aren't sore and the swelling has pretty much gone :) once again thanks for your well wishes :)

Congratulations Nadia and welcome to the losers bench. Glad to hear that you've had a great experience so far, long may it continue! :)

Back