• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New from london - Finally happening!

So glad I found you fellow Homertons... I am waiting for my sleep apnea test next Monday but I am really confused and hoping that you ladies may shed some light on a few questions if you don't mind. I was referred by my GP to Homerton on the beginning of February first appointment on the 22 April and saw the nutritionist 2nd on the 10th June with consultant who suggested the by-pass as I have had reflux episodes ( I was quite happy with just the sleeve offer) he referred me for the sleep apnea test then he will take it to the meeting after that. I am so confused as to the funding process...I had a copy of a letter sent to my gp by them saying I was to have vitamin D prescription till my surgery day. Now would this mean I have the funding or not... really panicking more about that then the actual op :). Any suggestions would be welcome xxx

So glad I found you fellow Homertons... I am waiting for my sleep apnea test next Monday but I am really confused and hoping that you ladies may shed some light on a few questions if you don't mind. I was referred by my GP to Homerton on the beginning of February first appointment on the 22 April and saw the nutritionist 2nd on the 10th June with consultant who suggested the by-pass as I have had reflux episodes ( I was quite happy with just the sleeve offer) he referred me for the sleep apnea test then he will take it to the meeting after that. I am so confused as to the funding process...I had a copy of a letter sent to my gp by them saying I was to have vitamin D prescription till my surgery day. Now would this mean I have the funding or not... really panicking more about that then the actual op :). Any suggestions would be welcome xxx
Hey sav You won't know if you have been approved for funding until your case has gone to meeting, taking the vit D is probably something to do with what you are lacking from your blood test ( I had to do the same) so long as you are doing what you are meant to (proving you are committed) you'll be fine love :)

Congratulations hoshiyo89 and all the best on your new journey! just wondering who performed the sleeve on you at Homerton? was it the same Consultant surgeon you saw at your first meeting?

Congratulations hoshiyo89 and all the best on your new journey! just wondering who performed the sleeve on you at Homerton? was it the same Consultant surgeon you saw at your first meeting?

Hey and thank you :)

The surgeon that did my op is Mr mannur (I came to find out after the op that he also operated on that 70st man Keith, it was on channel 5)
He wasn't my original consultant but then again I got my date on a cancellation - which seems to happen quite often at homerton so it's not likely you will see your original consultant but you are for sure in good hands which ever surgeon you have on the day

Vit D deficiency seems very fashionable just now, not just in weight loss surgery. They probably just turned it up when doing your blood tests

Back