• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New from West Sussex BMI 50+

Katielou

Hello all,

I'll start with stats...I'm 5'3, currently weighing in at 21st 6lbs (6lbs down from first appointment). I've struggled with my weight my whole life and am conscious that one day it'll catch up with me and I really want to enjoy life with my husband and two young daughters.
So, Mid August I made an appointment at my surgery with the wellbeing team and I've been referred to why weight. I had my first telephone call with a counsellor on Tuesday and am now waiting for a call to book me in for an assessment.
Anybody else straight to tier 3 in the same area? I understand every case is different but I wondering if anyone can give an indication on time frames? My research so far seems to suggest that a BMI greater than 50 may result in quicker surgery?

Katie

Hi Katie - if you say which hospital you are under you will get a much more accurate response in terms of what sort of waiting times you could expect. Waiting times can vary greatly from hospital to hospital. I had my bypass at King's in London so probably not of much help, but hopefully someone closer to you will come along soon. Good luck with your journey.

Hi Katie - if you say which hospital you are under you will get a much more accurate response in terms of what sort of waiting times you could expect. Waiting times can vary greatly from hospital to hospital. I had my bypass at King's in London so probably not of much help, but hopefully someone closer to you will come along soon. Good luck with your journey.
Hi, thanks for the response. I'm not that far in my journey yet but from what I've read it seems most go to St Richards in Chichester.

Hello, welcome and the very best of luck x

Hi, And, welcome to the forum.
Good Luck on your new journey. :)

Toni :rainbow:

Hello all,

I'll start with stats...I'm 5'3, currently weighing in at 21st 6lbs (6lbs down from first appointment). I've struggled with my weight my whole life and am conscious that one day it'll catch up with me and I really want to enjoy life with my husband and two young daughters.
So, Mid August I made an appointment at my surgery with the wellbeing team and I've been referred to why weight. I had my first telephone call with a counsellor on Tuesday and am now waiting for a call to book me in for an assessment.
Anybody else straight to tier 3 in the same area? I understand every case is different but I wondering if anyone can give an indication on time frames? My research so far seems to suggest that a BMI greater than 50 may result in quicker surgery?

Katie
Hi Katie I had a bypass on 19 September at Luton Hospital. I only had to do tier 3 for 6 months as my BMI was over 50. From my first appointment to surgery took 15 months. Good luck to you xxx

Back