• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from West Sussex

Mary chaney

Hi
I'm new to all this I've never really used forums before but my doctor has referred me for surgery so I want to find out as much as u can.

I'm 32 and from East grinstead in west sussex. I have a 5yr old son who has adhd and sensory processing disorder and he is my absolute world.
I want to be able to go on scary theme park rides with him, to run around with him be the mum he needs instead of a crumpled out of breath heap plus I'd love to be able to unwind at the end of the day in a hot bubble bath without having to squash myself in, but most of all I want to improve my quality of life and extend my life span.

I've got an appointment with the why weight team on 27th Jan but not sure what will happen just that it can last 3hrs.

Can anyone tell me how the tier system works please.

Look forward to hearing from some of you.

Mary
Xx

jj87

hi. I'm new also so not too much help but completely hear where u r coming from as I feel the same and wish u all the best. xxx

Parsnip

Hi and welcome. I'm still awaiting my first appointment so can't really offer any help but I completely get where you're coming from. I'm 33 and a mum of three and hate not being able to run around with them :(

Katielou

Hi
I'm new to all this I've never really used forums before but my doctor has referred me for surgery so I want to find out as much as u can.

I'm 32 and from East grinstead in west sussex. I have a 5yr old son who has adhd and sensory processing disorder and he is my absolute world.
I want to be able to go on scary theme park rides with him, to run around with him be the mum he needs instead of a crumpled out of breath heap plus I'd love to be able to unwind at the end of the day in a hot bubble bath without having to squash myself in, but most of all I want to improve my quality of life and extend my life span.

I've got an appointment with the why weight team on 27th Jan but not sure what will happen just that it can last 3hrs.

Can anyone tell me how the tier system works please.

Look forward to hearing from some of you.

Mary
Xx
Hi Mary,
I've just joined and I'm in Crawley. I'm awaiting my first why weight appointment. How's it going for you?
Katie

vickyryz

Hi guys
I'm 35 and a mum of 3. I finished my 2 years with Why weight and am on th surgery pathway. Had the meeting with the multi disciplinary team who decided I was a good candidate for surgery. That was in Jan but I was pregnant at the time so they asked me to self refer once I was done feeding the baby. I called them and have an appointment with the surgeon and anesthetist at st Richards in Chichester on the 20th oct which is very exciting as I've made up my mind that I want the sleeve. It's been a long 2 years but I'm looking forward to it now. I just wish I knew a few more people in my area (I'm in Haywards Heath) - good luck to you all x

Katielou

Hi guys
I'm 35 and a mum of 3. I finished my 2 years with Why weight and am on th surgery pathway. Had the meeting with the multi disciplinary team who decided I was a good candidate for surgery. That was in Jan but I was pregnant at the time so they asked me to self refer once I was done feeding the baby. I called them and have an appointment with the surgeon and anesthetist at st Richards in Chichester on the 20th oct which is very exciting as I've made up my mind that I want the sleeve. It's been a long 2 years but I'm looking forward to it now. I just wish I knew a few more people in my area (I'm in Haywards Heath) - good luck to you all x

I'm not far, just in Crawley. I'm 33 and mum of two. I've got my first appointment with why weight October 13th. Do you have to do the full two years before they consider you for surgery? During the to years is there an expectation on how much you lose? X

vickyryz

I'm not far, just in Crawley. I'm 33 and mum of two. I've got my first appointment with why weight October 13th. Do you have to do the full two years before they consider you for surgery? During the to years is there an expectation on how much you lose? X

Hi Katie I’m so sorry for the late reply. I didn’t set up the notifications so only just saw this when I googled ‘waiting times at st richards’
My appointment is on Friday so I’ll report back then.
How did your appointment with Why Weight go? I’m afraid yes, you have to do the whole 2 years but I found it quite empowering. When I mentioned that I might do the surgery privately he said I would be surprised at how many people who had it done privately Landes right back in their offices because they didn’t have the support or preparation they needed. How did you get on?

Katielou

Hi Katie I’m so sorry for the late reply. I didn’t set up the notifications so only just saw this when I googled ‘waiting times at st richards’
My appointment is on Friday so I’ll report back then.
How did your appointment with Why Weight go? I’m afraid yes, you have to do the whole 2 years but I found it quite empowering. When I mentioned that I might do the surgery privately he said I would be surprised at how many people who had it done privately Landes right back in their offices because they didn’t have the support or preparation they needed. How did you get on?
Hello, thanks for the reply. My appointment went really well. I'm feeling super positive about making some lasting changes and really looking forward to circuits and group therapy. Now just waiting for dates. What's your appointment for on Friday? Good luck xx

Maria61

Hello, thanks for the reply. My appointment went really well. I'm feeling super positive about making some lasting changes and really looking forward to circuits and group therapy. Now just waiting for dates. What's your appointment for on Friday? Good luck xx
Good luck to you all xx

Bling Babe

Hi guys
Good luck tomorrow x

vickyryz

That’s really great to hear - i felt the same although the 2 years is definitely a long wait... i tried losing weight in that time! I did lose 2 stones but then fell pregnant and put it all back on again! Story of my life really....
I had my app with the surgeon and anesthetist (thy couldn’t approve me after my MTD in January as I was pregnant) so they gave me the option to self refer once baby was weaned. So today I got the ‘go ahead’ and am being popped on the waiting list at St Richardd which is about 3/4 months. I’m very excited!

Katielou

That’s really great to hear - i felt the same although the 2 years is definitely a long wait... i tried losing weight in that time! I did lose 2 stones but then fell pregnant and put it all back on again! Story of my life really....
I had my app with the surgeon and anesthetist (thy couldn’t approve me after my MTD in January as I was pregnant) so they gave me the option to self refer once baby was weaned. So today I got the ‘go ahead’ and am being popped on the waiting list at St Richardd which is about 3/4 months. I’m very excited!
I've only just seen this but waahhh!!!! That's super exciting! Was there an expectation to lose a certain amount of weight before getting referred?

vickyryz

No expectations - they go from your original BMI when you were referred. I’m just waiting for a date now, anyone else out there waiting for their date?