• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sussex Newbie

I think that's the point the counsellor needs to listen and not judge or try to put you into a category. We all eat for many reasons but the bottom line is we eat because we like it - why we like it varies. As you say fish and chips taste good and what better reason to eat it! I certainly discovered my bingeing was about control and ownership - I wasn't that bothered what I binged on the main thing was it was my decision and I had total control over it.

Yeah totally, im a total binge eater, i have never been a grazer, im sure when i get my sleeve done even my stomach will come out with stretch marks from the bingeing!! I wont miss eating like at though...its disgusting really. At least on here people understand.

Yip you guys are completely on the money - I suppose perhaps the counsellors think if you talk out your problems you will find a way of over coming them - I mean for some people eating is more a comfort for some or other reason and maybe if we dealt with the core problem the rest will be easy.. I don't know - all I know is regardless of any previous attempts nothing has changed except my waist size!

I think you're both right. When you get to the stage where WLS is your choice I've realised it's not just a thought or emotional condition but also a physical condition. I mean there is something that physically makes us want to eat and to excess.

I think that realisation and the physical action of undergoing what is a difficult and potentially dangerous process is the part of the answer to the problem.

So I think it's clear we know we have issues.. It's just a shame that our life changing tools hang in the balance with someone else in control!

The sad thing is my GP who suggested WLS had it done herself at Chichester and had lost 11st in her first year - she was remarkable and now she's left the surgery and I'm stuck with a GP who doesn't even know what it means to diet!

Feeling PANTS!

I think the thing to do is to remain positive. We've taken the first steps to seek help and although the final decision is not ours we can push and push until we get where we want to be!

Hi Graham
Welcome and good luck with everything. Fingers crossed Why weight is the end of Tier 3, and the next step is a referral for surgery.

Back