• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New glasses ?

RoseA

Has anyone had to get new glasses after WLS ? I keep having to push my varifocals up my nose in order to see properly. It's dawned on me that since my face is now a lot thinner, my glasses are probably not sitting in the same place ! :eek:

Oh I never thought of that ...... I dont wear glasses, just for reading so it wouldnt really matter with mine but if you wear them all the time it would drive you mad! XX

Never considered that Rose... but it's likely! xxx

How you feeling tonight Bev ?? xxx

(Sorry Rose... I feel as though I'm hijacking your thread... but quickly)...
I'm in bed... jaded... but not in as much pain as mid week... thanks Rose... I'm having steroid injections at home plus a multitude of antibiotics... I'm very cosy in my bed with my laptop (and you all.. haha) and looking out over the valleys and fireworks sprinkled about in the hills... hope you have had a better day Angel... I have been thinking of you...

I'm doing all possible to avoid hospitalisation, my GP is very helpful, but I pick more up when I go to hospital and my immune system is awful right now... with rest and keeping warm etc etc... I hope to continue at home and to be well enough to have my surgery in early January... it's my constant diabetic infections now which are the concern... last year was delayed... so I am determined.

What are you up to over the weekend... I'll be right here for as long as it takes...

Love and hugs xxx

Last edited:
Yooo Hoooo, that'll be me!

I have had to get some :)

Fortunately I had an unfortunate accident with my old ones and I had specific insurance for them so I got some swanky new Ray Bans :)

Glad you're feeling a little better... sounds like you may be turning a corner ? Take care Bev... sending lots of hugs !

I'm coming to terms with the fact that my computer is caput. The optimist in me is trusting that I'll be able to get the data off at the weekend... but I'm trying to quell the tiny voice of fear and panic at the back of my mind at the thought that it may still all go pear-shaped... :eek: I'm going to have to buy a new one now and am seriously considering converting to a Mac this time around. The gadget girl in me is looking forward to having something new - I just wish it hadn't happened quite so dramatically !

Awww Rose it's awful to have an abrupt halt with a computer... did you have everything backed up etc... we are so dependent upon them for work and networking these days... xxx

Awww Rose it's awful to have an abrupt halt with a computer... did you have everything backed up etc... we are so dependent upon them for work and networking these days... xxx

Well, it was backed up... but not up to date :eek: So I hope I can get all the data off.

Rose I have had this before with glasses and weight loss...

Maybe you could just get them adjusted so you can get a few more months out of them.

Back