• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello

mumof3boys

Hi,
I am new to this, but here goes...

I am booked into Dolan Park on the 14th Feb. for a gastric band.
I have been thinking about it for quite a while, but it seems surreal to be actually doing it now!

I had a mad panic a couple weeks ago, thinking am I doing the right thing. I seem to be calmer now and realise that after trying for 5 years to lose the weight on my own that I need some help.

I have to do pre op diet (slimfast) for one week, but have been following it for a few days already to get myself used to it.

Keeping my fingers crossed..

xx:wave_cry:

Welcome. Its a nice valentine presant I am a by passer but you will find its the best thing you ever did. Good Luck and don't worry xxxx

welcome and good luck for your journey

Hello and welcome, I had Mr Super at Dolan Park and had a great experience. Good luck and good on you for starting your diet early xx

I had my surgery with Mr Super on 5th January, first few weeks are hard but well worth it every time you step on the scales! you won't regret it!

Argh good luck, I had my band fitted by mr super 21st January and dont regret it at all. He's lovely too really puts your mind at ease.

I'm finding I have no restriction at the moment which is scaring me as I feel I could eat anything. Is this normal Donna44? Roll on my 1st fill :)

Hello Mum! good luck with your op!

Argh good luck, I had my band fitted by mr super 21st January and dont regret it at all. He's lovely too really puts your mind at ease.

I'm finding I have no restriction at the moment which is scaring me as I feel I could eat anything. Is this normal Donna44? Roll on my 1st fill :)

Hi Yvonne, what size band have you got? I had a 10ml which Mr Super said was quite snug, so I had a restriction straight away, but most people on here who had a 14ml band had no restriction and were hungry straight away.

Are you on the pureed stage now? this is what they call slider food and you will not have restriction and you will find that you can eat quiet large meals, once you start having more solid foods you will feel the restriction. What I tend to do is calorie count and try and have around 1000 calories a day, somedays 1200, still cant really eat meat, pasta, eggs or salmon, but I can eat jacket potato with skin, rice and rivita crackers, prawns and minced steak.

When are you having your first fill, I am booked in for the 20th. :)

Hi Yvonne, what size band have you got? I had a 10ml which Mr Super said was quite snug, so I had a restriction straight away, but most people on here who had a 14ml band had no restriction and were hungry straight away.

Are you on the pureed stage now? this is what they call slider food and you will not have restriction and you will find that you can eat quiet large meals, once you start having more solid foods you will feel the restriction. What I tend to do is calorie count and try and have around 1000 calories a day, somedays 1200, still cant really eat meat, pasta, eggs or salmon, but I can eat jacket potato with skin, rice and rivita crackers, prawns and minced steak.

When are you having your first fill, I am booked in for the 20th. :)

Hi ya thanks for that I did wonder what slidwr goods are. I also gave a 10ml band and think my 1st fill is on the 24th? I shpuld be still on fluids but have had a tiny bit of pureed cottage pie & rice pudding so I know I don't have any restriction at the mo. I'm going to do exactly that ans stick to 1000 cals a day when on pureed stage. At the mo I feel like I havent got one in i'm sure if I pushed it I'd realise but I wont do that. Plus I've a real fear of being sick lol. Good luck on he fill let me know how it feels xxx

Welcome to the boards :) I'm a bander at almost 18 months post op and while I'm still battling with it, it has changed my life.

I had my surgery with mr Super but via Healthier Weight, and he did a great job. I specifically went with him due to his op rates.

Yvonne, it can be a long time until you feel restriction from the band and can take much longer than one or two fills. The band takes a lot of will power. At 18 months out, I still haven't got it, and can eat anything and at any amount. But just because we can, doesn't mean we should. Set up some eating guidelines in terms of portions, (important to stick to those guidelines to avoid stretching the pouch or causing slippages etc) and work with that in the meantime. Its important that you follow your providers guidelines for being on fluids, you can cause all sorts of damage to the band by eating too soon and this is not something that is work taking the risk.

The band is a marathon and not a sprint, but is only responsible for a small % of the work, the rest is down to you :)

Back