• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New here! waiting on a date:)

AmyP

I'm 21 from Hull and waiting on a date I'm excited and nervous at the same time! I'm getting the gastric bypass and was wondering if anybody could share there experience? What was the pain like etc...I've never had surgery before and this is a new step for me:) just hope I'm not waiting to long! The whole process started last November so it seems like forever I've been waiting, thanks!:)

I'm 21 from Hull and waiting on a date I'm excited and nervous at the same time! I'm getting the gastric bypass and was wondering if anybody could share there experience? What was the pain like etc...I've never had surgery before and this is a new step for me:) just hope I'm not waiting to long! The whole process started last November so it seems like forever I've been waiting, thanks!:)

Hi Amy, welcome to the forum. :)

I had a bypass 7 weeks ago and it mostly went fine. I was in a lot of pain for a day or 2 but once that passed, it was just a bit uncomfortable from bruising and trapped wind. I only had to take paracetamol once after I was discharged. But everyone is different! Have a little nosey around the forum, especially in the WLS diaries and I'm sure you'll find many accounts of surgery!

Good luck :)

Am just waiting for a date in the list got enhanced recovery session on 11th June and looks like surgery date will be very soon xx

Hello and welcome I feel very blessed to have suffered no pain so far with WLS im now 8 months post op and the only think I have is dumping but thats me still learning the ropes but its nothing I cant get to grips with ive gone from around 28 stone ,25stone on day of my surgery to aroubd 16.5 stone in the 8 months so im more than happy but it has slowed down
I wish you loads of luck

Thankyou everybody!:) and wow that's amazing results! I'm petrified of dumping! I'm nervous about this journey but it's going to change my life round, I really need to get healthy and get my confidence back, I suffer bad with pcos:( I'm hoping this surgery will help me get back on track and be a happy 21 year old!:)

Back