• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new here

nicky72

Hi wanted to say hi as im new on here due my bypass this wednesday any advice on wat i should take with me would be good........im having bypass with mr mannur at homerton hospital thanks

nicky x

Congrats on your bypass. I had mine last month and the only things I used were a book to read, pajamas to wear, dry mouth spray, my reading glasses, a few pair of knickers, a jumper (as I was a bit chilly), slippers and my toiletries.

welcome hun and good luck for your op. Just take essentials. Toiletries, book PJ's mouth spray as you get very dry in hospital and sugar free squash to add to the water for a nice taste, clean undies and loose baggy trousers to go home in.
Best wishes to you and let us know how you get on when you are up to it xxxx

Hello and :welcome2:
congratulations and good luck with your op, like the others said just take the essenials, toiletries, pj's, something to read, underwear, etc. :D See you on the losers bench :)

:welcome2:to the forum and i wish you a speedy and safe recovery for your pending op. Sending hugs with fairy dust xx:)

Good luck with your op. Sorry can't advise yet. Having my op on the 11th Jan. (now getting worried)
Didn't want to read & run.

thanks for all your advice i must say im getting a bit scared now as i havent really stuck to the liver shrinking diet i just hope they go thru with it i found it so hard over xmas being surrounded by choclate and nice things i have been very good the last 2 days and im going to drink only tea tomorrow and tues

good luck nicky i hope all goes well. xxx im a bander but i just wanted to say welcome to the forum and i hope you find it useful here xxx

liz x

Good luck for Wednesday - have a good read through the forum - there's loads of good advice and what to expect in these threads :)

I took PJs , toiletries, towels (bath and hand), magazine, book (but didn't read it), mouth spray - sugar free squash is a great idea

Looking forward to see you on our Loser's bench!

As for not sticking to the pre-op diet, just do your best :)

Hi wanted to say hi as im new on here due my bypass this wednesday any advice on wat i should take with me would be good........im having bypass with mr mannur at homerton hospital thanks

nicky x

Hi Nikki,

All the best for Weds, sarah filled me in about ya op. All the best mate - Julie x x

nicky x
Hi and good luck with your bypass. I did have a fairly long list of things to take, then I learned I would only be in for one night, so as everyone says I am only taking the essentials plus a pair of socks cos I always have cold feet!

make sure you take VERY baggy clothes to come home in as I underestimated how swollen my tum would be after the op,(9 inches more than before) by the time i got home (3 hour drive) a combination of the anti blood clotting meds and tightish fitting elasticated waistband (was v loose before op) meant i had a badly bruised tum - bruising was all superficial though and has now gone :) was very uncomfortable though xx

Thanks everyone its operation eve and im bricking it ive had so many emotional phone calls from family im getting stressed i just want it to be this time tomorrow night and im awake and all is well my friends picking me up at 6 in the morning but i dont suppose i will sleep much

Back