• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric bypass in London????

tarotqueen

Hi,:sign0163:
Has anyone had bypass surgery at the Homerton hospital??? I have my first appointment today with Mr Mannur. Its a bit scary :eek: but keep reading all the great updates on here and am quite excited to maybe find something to shift the weight for good.
well done all you guys!!!!:D
Carol

xx

Hi Carol,

Welcome to this part of the forum :) lovely to meet you. Not familiar with the surgeon or hospital being a northerner, but being post bypass if there is any other help you need just shout.

Shel

Just wanted to say good luck for your appointment Carol. Let us know how you get on x

Hi all,
Well had the appointment, :)what a lovely man the reg was. Has explained loads and have another meeting on 8th October. Its looking good, but still cant find anyone on here who has been to this surgeon or hospital.:rolleyes:
Keep up the great work all of you.
Carol
xx

Glad it went well, 8th October will be here in no time!

Hiya...

I worked at the Homerton for a couple of years, and it's a really good hospital - last time I heard, they were Foundation Status and a lot of my mates work there since qualifying :)

You're in good hands, hospital-wise. Sorry I can't help with the surgeon!

All the best

x

Thanks, makes me feel a bit better about the hospital.
Been having doubts today,:sigh: Read things that went wrong on the bospa site.:rolleyes:
Will I never learn..:D
MUST STAY POSITIVE....

Hi and welcome to the site. the 8th october will be here in no time. Have you had a look on google for the surgeon and hospital where you are having your op? you may be able to find out info from that.

good luck and look forwrad to following your progress x

Hi there tarotqueen, I'm under Manur & Coppack at the homerton, have not had surgery yet as I have other health problems and have been waiting for about 2yrs, first at Barts then transfered to the Homerton unit. I know someone who had the band with Manur, they are v happy and either have or will be shortly having the bipass. I think Manur has a very successful private practice in Essex somewhere. They all seem to be really nice at the Homerton. My next appointment is not until March, I really hope I will be given my op date then but I doubt it. I have to say most people do not have the long waiting times that I have had.

hi carol ... im having mine done at the whittington hospital im under the greenwich pct .. and was offered homerton and tooting and whittington .. i called around and found that tooting had 1 yr waiting list for op from day of referal .. and homerton had a 4 month waiting period ..

and whittington had 6-8 weeks cause they are larger and have more staff and doctors .. so thats why i chose them .. but my doctor has sent people to the homerton before and had great results .. i would gone there had time been shorter ..

so can i ask why 8th of october ? have you gone NHS ? was you ref to them about weight issues ? or have you been waiting a long time ? what has he asked you to do from now till the 8th oct ??

b.gif
r.gif
e.gif
t.gif
t.gif

Hi Brett, I'm new here and just noticed this thread was started last october. I was looking for people in London like me who will be having surgery soon too. How are you?

Actually joined a year ago but never posted before.

Im going to homerton they havent decided a date as Ive been waiting 2yrs already caz f health complications, I think it will end up being bypass though.

ahh ok i c ... what complications have you had ?? if you want to say that is lol ..... what weight are you at ? whats ur bmi ?

Ok lol no idea what my bmi is at, they tell me and I block it out :| I have an illness which is relatively rare and I almost died about 7 yrs ago. In the past 7 yrs I put on firstly 5 stone in within 3 yrs because of mobility problems, stabalised weight for about 3 yrs then gave up smoking and gained a further 5 stone in 2 yrs.

How about you, how much do you need to lose? Doh I see your stats show that. Still getting used to the site and layout :)

Last edited:
Mines with this surgeon tomorrow. and his private practise is with surgicare and harley street base. His curent rate is very good and i am looking forward to the op, however as i am going private its not at Hommerton but the london Independent hospital.

LOL typed on the 9th and then realised thats TOMORROW OMG i need to pack

good luck tendersage ................... yea im around 26 stones doc said my ideal weight is 13.5 but i would rather be 15.5

Back