• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric bypass in London????

ok i just accepted you as a friend but now Im getting htis message ''
swizzlestick, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Oops - probably you have not posted enough - do you have MSN or Yahoo??

hi ricke... has been great to read your journal lots of info there and your journy up to getting your funding ..

thankfully i was offered my funding before i have even seen surgeons greenwich pct gave me the funding after my doctor applied for it before refering me to bariatric surgery ..

im going to whittington hospital for gastric by pass under dr sufi..

still waiting for my appointment with him but i call the hospital everyday like ur self i dont like waiting and i want to know so i keep pushing .. luckly i have been talking with the nurse who works for bariatric team for whittington hospital called kirsten mcdougal and she has been fab she has ran all over for me getting my letters and referal and putting it in teh hands of right people ..

surgeon has emailed me a few times and told me i could only be waiting 6-8 weeks before surgery .. as long as i pass sleep test and heart test .. and i have no other medical issues ..

i so want this now and want it all over with so i can get on with it .. im a gay guy also but thankfully never had an issue with boyfriends a i have always had one lol and always been able to get one guess its my eyes lolol ... ahh im always soul of the party and loud so i get noticed ..

i just want this op for me and my health i dont wana be 50 and dying .. im 30 yrs and 26 stone ..

i will keep on reading your journal cheers mr ;o)

Hey Brett - thanks for that and glad you are chasing up the Whittington.

Thanks for the reading the blog - I find it quite cathartic to put a metaphorical pen to paper.

This journey for us is certainly a bumpy one; I'll come visit ya when you finally get a date init.

Rick x

comes and goes ..... im not really but i read a story that same surgeon had a woman die who was 21 stone she had her bowel perferated 3 times and her stiches leaked and she dies from blood poison so stuff like that scares me ..... thats was 2 year ago and i know they say 1/100 can be fatal ...

still makes you think tho ..... only cause they go on so much about the risk it makes u think cause i have never had so many reminders about the danger when i have had other surgey ..

but im sure i will be fine im looking forward to it all being over with ..

Last edited:
Hi Bret SOZ it took a while to get back to you, I know how you feel, one week I'm fine the next a wreck, I guess the long wait I'm having doesn't help.

I'm wondering how tendersage is getting on. Didn't they have their op a few days ago. Tendersage if you see this let us know how you are doing, we are thinkign about you.

Got on very well as you will see on the other threads please both feel free to add me to msn same nick and at hottie

Back