• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass help need advise

dsarah1977

I hope to have a bypass in coming months if agreed,but would like to know more on people who have had bypass wa t they were like in 1ststages of it how recovery was and wat they could eat and how much they can eat now,im seeing bariatric nurse this week and and consultant the following week so really hope they agree and that i can get funding etc i have over 10 stone to lose :cry:and feel this is my last option to shift my weight ang help and advice will be great many thanks

sarah xx

hi sarah as you know im a band but wanted to wish you good luck next week.

liz xxx

yes well nervous now m8 its on tuesday will let u know how i get on ,and glad u told me to comme on here now m8 xx

yes please let me know how it goes, im glad you like it here as theres so many nice people with very good advice to offer.

speak soon

liz x

I had my op on tues, and tbh the pain in recovery has been agony, but im feeling better today, and every day gets a bit better.

Yesterday i ate 1/2 weetabix for breakfast, 1/2 tin of weight watchers chicken soup for lunch. 1 tbsp of cottage cheese mid afternoon, 1/2 tin of ww veg soup for tea, and a slim fast drink - about 3/4 of it at supper.
TBH i dont have an appetite at all, im eating to survive now, not the other way, and im never hungry. In 2 weeks inc pre-op diet ive lost almost 1.5 stones.

It isnt easy, will take a lot of hardwork, and you will have some awful days. BUT it will be worth it in the end xx

Hi,

I am just under 3 weeks post-bypass. I had open procedure. My diet is currently 28 days of 'free fluids' including water, non-fizzy cordials, tea, coffee, clear soups & I am also allowed sugarfree jelly and either a Fortimel nutrotion drink (yuk!) or Slim Fast. I will then move onto four weeks of 'sloppy' foods (ie. normal foods mashed/liquidized with gravy or sauces) then gently onto normal foods.

Please feel free to have a look at my blog to see my journey. The link is in my signature below.

Good luck.

Hi, I'm 9months post op and record my daily eating in this thread -

http://www.minimins.com/wls-recipes-forum/74487-gastric-bypass-daily-menus.html

I can eat anything now, except chips! Anything too fatty or sugary makes me ill though, so I don't eat a lot of unhealthy foods.

I've been maintaining my weight for nearly 1 month now, because of the pregnancy.

I have a blog, link in my signature, and my diary is on here too (but its looooooooong).

There are lots of post-op bypassers on here at all different stages so just have a read around and you'll get loads of info.

Good luck for your appointment.

Shel x

Hiya!
Everyone gets told different advice so when you have your bypass you will have to follow what your surgeon and bariatric team advise you to do.
When I had my op I was not hungry for a while after which was a real shock for me to feel like that and naively I then thought that because of that that it would then do all the work for me and it would always be that easy...but once the swelling had gone down and my apatite had come back and I had gone through the liquid/purée and then onto solid stage...I realised it was not just going to do it all for me and I was going to have to work with it.
When I first woke up from my op- I was in a lot of pain but had a morphine pump in me with a button I could press every 5 minutes. It was amazing how much you use your tummy muscles for on a day-to-day basis that you don't really think about that after the op are quite painful to do for a while (personal care and stuff!!)...the journey home from hospital was a killer as each time we went round a roundabout or anything just killed!! It hurt to lie down flat, we put cushions under my mattress to prop it up and it was quite a while before I could sleep on my side or tummy again.
I was on liquids for 2 weeks (I think), soup, milkshakes etc..but portion sizes are a lot smaller than you would normally have as you will feel full up quicker!! I then was on purée food for a while before going onto solid food...I think I said to someone else it feels like learning to eat again!! ;)
I can now eat any foods as long as they are not too high in fat but just have smaller portion sizes...this means I can go out for a meal with friends/family if I want to.
Anyway good luck with seeing your bariatric nurse, let us know how you get on!!
:party0011: Xxx Lizzie xxX :party0011:

Back