• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Life hunter!!!

well first day of pre-op diet over and I am starving!!! I have cried all day I think the reality of what I am going to do has hit me and well I dont feel so confident now!! I know I have to do this and I am not backing out now but God I am scared stiff. I am just worried about everything I have to not eat and should eat to get the right calories and it all scares me. I know my dietician is great and will help me when I am on the next stage but I am worried I really am. Oh well just wish it was Saturday already!! Dont even have a time of op yet but I am sure I will get it soon. Sorry to sound so negative it isnt like me it is just reality kicking in and nerves x

Hi Janey
Don't worry its very natural to start getting emotional and nervous at this stage. Its what i called my "enormity" time. Reality kicks in and you thing OMG what i am putting myself through but can i just say the benefits far outweigh the risks of staying as we are and 12 weeks post op i have lost almost 4 stone and feel so much better already. All will be ok and don't worry about the rollercoaster of emotions its all part of the journey big hugs xx

Hi,

It's completely normal to have wobbles coming up to your surgery. I was terrified the week before mine. Hope the pre op goes okay today, it does get easier as the days go on.
x

thank you both so much!!! I do feel better today even been suggesting what my Dad should eat ha!!! I could eat my arm but I will do my best because I hate being this size and not liking myself so it has to be done. Keep smiling as they say. Thanks for responding though ladies x x

just wrote a list of things I am looking forward to when the weight goes I will put it on here tomorrow as in bed now but it has helped as feel much happier!!

Good luck Jayney, hope the pre-op goes well for you x

list as promised of things I want to do when slimmer (fingers crossed) Plane - be able to sit comfortably without being unable to breath with seatbelt on and also not being able to use the pull down table as my belly is in the way. Bike - be able to ride on the back of my Dad's motorbike without fear of tiping it up. Belly - be able to see my feet, also to be able to have a wash without having to go under it, also to be able to paint my toenails without feeling like I cant breath. Jeans - be able to tuck things in, make it easier for my mom to tell the difference between my jeans and my Dads and to not be able to fit my mom in one leg of my jeans. Horse - learn to ride without killing the horse. Mirror - be able to see myself without hating every second of having to look and hopefully learning to like what I see. compliments - be able to take them without thinking they dont mean it and also not being referred to as the big pretty girl.

Thats is it so far but there are bound to be hundreds more that will come to me in the next few days.

omg admission time 7am Saturday!!!! just read the email so wont sleep now lol

my dietician is the most amazing guy and I am so confident he will be my guiding light yeah!!! George is wonderful from Surgicare absolutely wonderful just need him to move in ha!!! Cant wait now last day tomorrow then Surgery here I come and new life here I come!!

well all done!!! sorry have been a while coming on but I have had a very tough time for last week. I have had a wound infection and still not in bed have to sleep on sofa as stomach muscles just dont have any strength to pull me up if I lie down so it kills and gives a burning sensation which cant be good. I must admit I thought I had looked into it well but I didnt see that this much pain is possible and normally a week is enough to recover but I think I am going to be a two weeker worst luck!! never mind onwards and upwards and at least now I dont feel like I wish I had never had it done

Hi Jayne,

I had my band 6 days ago, so you're only a few days ahead of me. I'd not seen this thread earlier so just read up this morning and wanted to say that I found your list of motivators a really good idea. I'm going to write my own too and stick it up somewhere so i can look at it if I ever feel down or de-motivated, as i'm already getting fed up of the liquid diet, although it's wierd because I probably wouldn't be able to eat anything yet anyway... just miss chewing I suppose, lol.
Sorry to hear you've not had the quickest recovery, it sounds like having an infection has set you back a little, hope you're feeling much better soon.
I've still got some pain around my port wound, feels like a pulling, burning sensation if I stretch the wrong way etc. I got to take my dressings off yesterday and they look ok, but i'm worried about infection also until they've fully healed. How did you realise you'd got an infection in yours?

Hi Katie, I had a temperature thats why I knew I had infection and so they put me on anti-biotics but eww they are horrible as liquid yuck!!! If your worried ask your doctor but the nurse would have noticed an infection when removing dressings if you had one. I have the pulling too around the port hole so all normal I think and hope it goes off once healed. The liquid diet I had really had enough by the last day and felt sick all the time but now I am on pureed food and wow the tasteis amazing, I have had stew pureeed, cottage pie, cheesy mash, pea and ham soup its all so lovely and ev en a weetabix ha used to hate them but just wanted the taste. Not long to go and you can have pureed and although not chewing its the flavour that makes the difference. I have a pulled muscle in lower abdomen from getting up and down well thats what I think it is but it could be where they stitch the band to your muscle so hoping that goes soon. Glad my list inspired you and it will be nice to be able to tick them off as we do them on our journey!! Life begins now hun so get your wishes ready as we are going to do it this time and it feels good x x

Ahh, well i've not had a temperature or anything and my mum's said my wounds look perfectly fine and are healing well (she works in a hospital), think i'm just panicking cos everything seems to have gone well to date, keep thinking i've got a dvt now, cos my leg was feeling a bit sore, but it seems to be the compression stockings that i've had to wear for the last 6 days which are just uncomfortable. Keep winding myself up about different things, lol.
I'm soooo looking frward to getting to the mushy stage, keep fantasising about what I can have... looking forward to mashed potato's and gravy, lol. X

it is common to feel things are happening that aren't and well just accept that life is changing for the better now and we got lots of mush to look forward to and then real food just chewed to death ha cant wait!! Food is becoming less important to me now though so that is also a major bonus. Just chill and start living the dream. I have the sexy stockings on too they are impressive and yes kill but as not so mobile I am not taking them off yet x

still not feeling 100% and its day 11 :-( the pulling sensation is horrible and I think most of the time it is wind but it is so sharp its horrible. Tried gripe water, peppermint tea but nothing seems to make a difference I am fed up with it now!!!

ok been a while since I wrote on my page. I am 4 weeks post op now and I am feeling so much better it is a relief as I had felt so bad so all is good now. I would sayit has taken me 3 1/2 weeks to feel better. Food is no problem I am coping very very well and I am now booked in for my first fill under xray on 18th December 2009. I have so far lost 20lbs so really happy with that and I have lost about 14 inches altogether. I am starting exercise on 14th December on toning beds so hopefully it will help me with no saggy bits!! Much happier now and on the losing bench so even happier.

Back