• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new member :)

joey80

Hi all im new to this, a bit about myself. My name is Joanne i have not yet had any surgery but is seriously considering it, I have been overweight for many yrs now and is getting a tad fed up of it, I have been reading up about having the gastric band with the hospital group, fair do's iv read enough to convince me i have to have it done.

any way any info any of you have on this would really b appreceated :D

thanks Joey xx

c71b9141.gif

Hi joey, just a little note to welcome you on here. I can't help you with the band as I'm having a bypass but there are plenty of people on here who can help. Keep in touch and good luck with your journey. Luv kaz x

thanks Kaz, iv been reading some of the journey's that some people have been through on here and iv had alot of info from them for when i decide to have the procedure, starting to look forward now to the future ahead :) xx

Hi Joanne - welcome to the group here
You will find the people here are fantastic - a wealth of support. I know I couldnt have gone through this without all their support

Hi and welcome. I'm quite new to the group myself and am waiting to be listed for surgery. I'm leaning towards the bypass though but I've found lots of good info on here ?

aww thanks guys, iv read through a few and saw how much support people are giving, it will b much appreceated when i have my op done :D

joey xx

Hi sarah

iv thought about the bypass, my auntie had it on nhs a few yrs back n she lost a shed load of weight, but i think the band is much more suitable for me, good luck though xx

Hi joey
I had always wanted the band right up until I got my appointment through to see the consultant. I have got lots of excess weight though and I'm not sure the band would work quite so well for me. I have a friend who has had the band and done very well but she was smaller than me at the start. I have thought about the sleeve too, it's very difficult to choose. I've just been reading everything I can! Good luck with your journey, I'm really looking forward to the new me! :))

I suppose after the surgeon has explained all u never know which way u gonna sway, im really excited about starting my journey and changing my whole lifestyle, there alot of info on it all, hell of alot to read up on x

Which hospital will you go to? I'm having mine done in derby by Mr Ahmed, the whole team seem really nice so far x

Are you going private then? At least you won't have to wait too long. The nhs waiting list at derby is 12 months.

yea i have to, i wont b able to have it done on the nhs, im big and people bigger than me have been refused x

hey sarah xx im on the waiting list for derby, have been for some time now. is the wait def a yr now?

nd is the 1yr wait for everyone on the list or just people being added to it?

i think the waiting part is the worse bit lol!

Back