• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi all, new member

sweetquietjox

Hi all, please to meet u, i'm Joanne,i have been reading some of your post and there so inspiring. I went for my first appointment yesterday and the doctors put me on the waiting list for bypass surgery so fingercrossed it wont be to long. If anyone has any useful information for me feel free to let me know. Im alittle scared and worried about whats going to happen but i know its my last chance to loose the weight. I live on my own and dont really have anyone to talk to about it so any help is greatly received.:);)

Hello and welcome my lovely
This site is brilliant and the ppl r amazing not matter wat time u come on here there's always someone to help u out or to chat to about anything!!
There's alot of experienced ppl that can help u with questions u may have and then there's new ppl like my self who's awaiting my op date who will b happy to go along ur journey with u!!!
Feel free to ask away and gain as much information as possible by everyone on here ul b an expert by the time of ur surgery
Good luck on ur journey and I'm always around for a chat xxxx

Thanks Laura, its good to know theres always someone around.i'm sure i will have plenty of questions when i get over the shock off yesterday.

Hi Joanne and welcome to the site.
You will always have someone to talk to here and you certainly wont feel alone.
So you are on the list WoW thats great news xxx

Thanks Andrea, feel so excited but also scared but now i have found this site im sure it will be fine with all u pro's giving me the right info and encouragement i will sail thru.

A warm welcome xxx

A very warm welcome and wishing you all the very best for your weight loss journey... so pleased to hear you are on the list... sending love and hugs...

:grouphugg::grouphugg::welcome2:

Thankyou all for your kind welcome, i know im going like getting to know u all and keeping you upto date with my long journey. Next appointment is on Tuesday to see counsellor and dietians.

Hi Joanne and:welcome: Good Luck with your weightloss journey.I had a bypass done 10 weeks ago im now 4 stone down.

Hi Joanne, :welcome2: to WLS. You will find all the help and advice you need here.....there loads of experienced bypassers and banders and quite a few sleevers now too! Feel free to ask any questions, if they are PCT related its best you tell us what area you are from because then people from your area can advise about waiting times etc. Good Luck on your journey :D XX

PCT? sorry do i sound thick, im from north yorkshire and im attend HULL hospital.

Hello and welcome! Congratulations on getting on the weight loss surgery waiting list :) It sounds like you are well on the way...

As others have said, make the most of the site and use it to ask all the questions and gain all the knowledge you need to make your wls work for you!

My first piece of advice for you is to go to the top of the page and click 'user cp' and fill in your profile.... if only where and who is doing your surgery. This way when you ask us a question someone with first hand knowledge of your provider can give a clearer insight. The surgery's are the same whichever hospital, but the route both before and after can be different.......

Good luck xx

hi and welcome! this is a great site u will meet people at all stages of there journey, so keep us posted xxxxxxx

Hello, welcome to the site. I am sure you will find lots of support and the answers to your questions. I have not been a member long but everyone here is so welcoming and friendly so I am sure you will feel like one of the family soon.
Please feel free to add me as a friend if you want to, it will be great to get to know you.
Theresa x

Hi and welcome to the site.
Grace xxx

Hello & Welcome, I'm new to this site also. So far everyone has been extremely nice & ready to answer questions. My husband and I are having the same surgery as you and I'm scared. We are revisions from the lapband. Your not in this alone.

hi and welcome aboard
take time to read the old posts you will find plenty of information in them

Back