• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new member :)

Iv been looking at Dolan park in Birmingham, It The hospital group x

I had my band fitted at Dolan Park two weeks ago, and the service I have received from my initial enquiry to date has been great. Good luck with whatever you decide to do from here .... :)

had my consultation on 25 may and op on 16 july. I could have had it done sooner but that weekend suited me due to having some time booked off work plus my husband (who works overseas a lot) was around to look after me. When do you have your consultation

iv got an option to have it this sat coming 6th or 28th aug, im ment to b taking kids camping this weekend o if the therhalf aint working so dont know what to do x

What a choice to have. How does your other half feel about things. Is he being supportive? ... let us know what you decide x

he dont seem bothered to be honest, iv asked him how he feels about it and he jus said it my decition, he dont tend to show his emotions so who knows wha he thinking lol, then again he has offered to take me so i guess he must support me lol, i think im gonna go for this weekend as 28th is bank hol weekend x

Which consultant are you seeing?

joey80 said:
thanks Kaz, iv been reading some of the journey's that some people have been through on here and iv had alot of info from them for when i decide to have the procedure, starting to look forward now to the future ahead :) xx

Your welcome I hope that it's been a bit easier since you have been on here and had support and understanding. We all going to be or are already on this life changing journey good luck again keep in touch luv kaz x

Hi joey80, welcome to the WLS. I had a band fitted 22 days ago and I wished it had been 22 years ago. It has been the best thing I have ever done. Remember the band is just another tool, it cannot stop you from putting food in your moulth.

I have found that the band inconjunction with a food diary, to track calories and exercise, it is just as important in helpingme reach my goals. As you know weight loss is more of a mental battle rather than a physical one, you need to have the right tools, the right diet for you and a support team to not just cheer you on but to pick you up when you are down as well.

This site is great for supporting you on your journey.

Good Luck tomorrow Joey :D

Hello and welcome to the forum. We're a friendly bunch, you'll like it here ?

Heya, I have an option to go on 28th august. The consultation is in bristol but surgery is in Birmingham. Did u go on the 8th, if so can I ask how it went?

thanks guys, im loving it here at the mo, so much info n friendly people xx

So you decided to go fir it then joey. Are you excited?

Heya, I have an option to go on 28th august. The consultation is in bristol but surgery is in Birmingham. Did u go on the 8th, if so can I ask how it went?

Yea i went on 8th in cardiff, it went good, first i went to c nurse who weighed me n took blood preassure, then went to c mr Sigurdsson, he was nice he explained everything tha will happen n give me a thing on you tube to look at, called Paul o brien 8 golden rules, looked through that found it quite good, after him went to c sarah the manager person for weightloss she went through, how u get there wha will happen when u get at dolan park, prices diet n stuff, n tha was it really.

hope tha tells u enough if not ask me more :) xx

Whouaa its going to come round so quickly, u must be so excited!!! Thanks for letting me know how it went. It's really helpful. Keep us posted on ur pre diet and ops. Xxx

jus wrote i little diary on other page will keep updating on that, it will fly by, as will ur's if u decide to go, like i said ne info jus ask xx

Back