• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi yes fine thanks, 1week tomorrow since I had it done.
In hospital over night I had it done at 3.30 in the afternoon and out 3.30 the following day.
6 small holes high up on tummy itching at the mo cus of the healing, Emily gave me a few pages of info on meals.
Managing half tin amount soup twice a day and yogurt drink for breakfast with juice and coffee through out the day.
The worst thing is the wind, first it goes into your shoulder where it's trying to escape, this is the gas they pump in to see inside you, then the normal wind sets in. My husband thought I was jet propelled, it's starting to lessen now thank goodness.
Hope you go on ok keep in touch.
Jane

Hi Sarah, I asked for the bypass, I know 2 people (mother & daughter) who Mr Cheruvu operated on, the daughter went private and had the band about 3 years ago and she lost to start with then put it back on the mother had a bypass about 2 years ago and she has lost all hers and is maintaining.
The first time my husband saw her he didn't recognise her. She looked great and said she would do it all again. This is what really set me off on the bypass road speaking to her.
I have or had 12 stone to lose, now it's about 9 stone, but I think the more you have to lose Mr Cheruvu picks the right op for you.
If you want to talk about anything that worrying you or you just want a chat PM me.
Jane

Thanks Jane he has recommended the bypass so that is what I will go with.
I have been on soup and yoghurt liver shrink since Thursday and initially lost 3.5 kg however this morning have put 0.5 kg on! Also not going to loo as much. Just wondering if this is normal????

Hi Sarah, I lost about half a stone in about 4 days then put 2 lbs on then stayed the same for 6 days then started to lose again. 11lbs altogether which is not as much as I thought it would be.
Don't worry about how much you lose on the milk diet, it's more for your liver and personally I think it's to prepare you for after as well.
Just drink as much as you can to make sure your well hydrated when you go into hospital because it much more difficult to get the correct amount of fluids afterwards, soup is fine because there is only a certain amount of it but fluid I'm finding it hard to do cus you can only have small swallows and I used to down a pint of squash in 2 mins. I'm happy if I do that in 10 hours now.
Jane

Thanks Jane, just panicking a bit - worried my liver won't be shrunk enough! But have stuck to the diet 100% - even put my food into my fitness pal and calories are between 600 and 700 each day so I reckon I must be in starvation mode and my body is hanging on to everything it can. Its just when you hear of people losing 2 and 3 stone on liver shrink you start to worry. I'm also worries I won't lose after the op too. Thanks for your reply though its put my mind at rest a little xxx :)

Good luck kat, How you enjoying the pre opp? x

Hi Sarah. Weighed myself this morning and I have lost 7 lbs in 7 days since the bypass.. Don't worry it's not too bad. Not as bad as I expected.. Felling human again today. You'll find people on here who go shopping the day after the op.lol. Not me. I felt ok while doing nothing, but when I walked for any distance I felt week and wobbly. Went to Tesco on day 4 and I shouldn't have. But today I think I would be ok.
One thing I have found strange. Since the op I have no feeling like I need a wee. I go when I think I should an do one ok but no real need. I don't know wether it because I am not drinking enough or if the response is just not there, I'll mention it to someone next time I see them.

Anyway don't worry the liver shrink will do its job and you'll come through the op and wonder what all the fuss was about .. Xx

Thanks Jane. Hope that's just a temporary thing with the wee thing - sounds strange! I reckon its best to rest up - after all it is quite a big op and nutritional intake is low. Thanks for advice its really helped :)

Hi Sarah. Weighed myself this morning and I have lost 7 lbs in 7 days since the bypass.. Don't worry it's not too bad. Not as bad as I expected.. Felling human again today. You'll find people on here who go shopping the day after the op.lol. Not me. I felt ok while doing nothing, but when I walked for any distance I felt week and wobbly. Went to Tesco on day 4 and I shouldn't have. But today I think I would be ok.
One thing I have found strange. Since the op I have no feeling like I need a wee. I go when I think I should an do one ok but no real need. I don't know wether it because I am not drinking enough or if the response is just not there, I'll mention it to someone next time I see them.

Anyway don't worry the liver shrink will do its job and you'll come through the op and wonder what all the fuss was about .. Xx

OMG, I've just had gallbladder out on Monday and I'm experiencing the same "wee" thing....odd!!!

I think the wee thing is to do with the anaesthetic, it has a paralysing effect on the body which is why they want you to do a wee before they'll let you out of hospital! I've had several generals over the last few years & it's been a week to 10 days before my loo habits have gone back to normal... lol :)

Hi Jane just to let you know I am home with a sleeve instead of a bypass! I had a back to front bowel and lots of adhesions so Mr Cheruvu didn't want to mess with my bowel too much. Sore but feeling ok x

Hi Sarah, Great glad to hear you're well.
It's best to go with the experts after all that's what they are there for.
I don't suppose it will effect your weight loss you will still do fantastically.
Take it easy for a few days and try to drink plenty.

Let me know how you go on.
Xxxx Jane

Back