• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

andie1379

Hi everyone, I'm having the by-pass done in January! Would anyone have any tips or things that you weren't told beforehand?

Hello and welcome to the site
Im a bander but Im certain you will get lots of good advice xx

I'm in the same boat as you. Band revision to bypass in January. I could write a book on banding but no idea what to expect with a bypass. I was only told of the revision surgery last week so I'm researching fast!!

Hello. Welcome.

You should get all the info you need from your provider. I had my bypass three months ago. My best pre-op advice is to stick to your provider's instructions, particularly the Liver shrinking diet. It is challenging but nothing compared to the first weeks post-op. You need to ensure your head is in the zone to commit to the journey. Bypass is not a magic wand, it is merely a tool which if used correctly and wisely will lead to great results.

Good luck. We are all here. Sometimes we dish out some tough love, but it is never meant to be unsupportive - the exact opposite. We all know what it is like, and are all on our own journeys to a lighter brighter future xx

welcome im a bypasser aswell i hope anyways good luck with your journey and any questions feel free to ask im sure someone will have an answer to it given time

Welcome! Hope you find all the answers you need.from another newbie having my surgery (sleeve) in two weeks.

Hi guys,
Thanks for all the welcomes! I have researched the by-pass but each time I look, I seem to found out something new or different! But I guess it depends on the person regarding how you deal after the op and the degree of the side affects!

Hi welcome. I would say be careful of the "last meal" syndrome where you give in to the temptation to overeat between now and the op. Every lb you lose between now and then will help your recovery and help you get in the right frame of mind. I am 4 months post bypass and am amazed every day at the changes I'm experiencing. Good luck.

Good luck. This is an amazing site and u will get answers and supportcxx

Hi, this is a question for the people who have gone through the surgery-if you could go back pre-op and give yourself one piece of advise, what would it be? Or if you could go back and tell yourself something you didn't know before, what would it be?

Hi, this is a question for the people who have gone through the surgery-if you could go back pre-op and give yourself one piece of advise, what would it be? Or if you could go back and tell yourself something you didn't know before, what would it be?

I can honestly say I wouldn't do anything different. The only thing I wish I had done is took some more pre op pics. As for advice just make sure you are mentally prepared and research a little bit about transfer addiction I hadn't heard of this before the op now I struggle sometimes with it.

Back