• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New on here - Anyone from Cambridge/London?

christiane

Hi All,

What a great website! I've spent the whole weekend reading as many posts as I can.

I'm still at the early stages of researching my options, but I'm thinking about having a band. I've not come accross anyone that has had a band fitted around Cambridge/London area, so if anyone could make some recommendations, I would be really gratful.

I suppose that I have soooo many questions at the moment, and probably the best thing for me to do is to keep reading! But I will ask one question, and hope that someone might be able to give me an answer - I've just decided to borrow the money from my son's bank account and was wondering how soon it takes to have the op, once you decide to go for it?

I was thinking of having it done around Christmas/New Year, since I don't have much anual leave and don't want to have to wait till next summer.

Thanks for your help.

Chris x

Hi Chris
Firstly welcome to the site, you are right it is a great place full of lovely people who will only be too happy to help. As you can see i'm in Glasgow so sorry i can't help with the London area, but i went privately for my bypass and could have had it within two weeks! I just wanted to say good luck with your decision and please come on here anytime and ask away xx

hi Christiane,
welcome to the site. this is a very helfull site and its full of informations. I am from london and still waiting for surgery. I prefered NHS first but waited for around 1 and half years so now i'm thinking of going private. all the best to you and hope you gte all the answers you are looking for here. XX

One thing I would say is don't rush in!! Take your time to do all of your research first!! I originally wanted the band but soon realised that it wouldn't be the best thing for me so opted for the bypass. Best decision I ever made!

Feel free to ask all sorts of questions. There's no such thing as a stupid question on this forum!! And if there is, I've probably already asked it in the past!!!!

Good luck!!

Back