• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Scientist article - why you feel full without food

chivasgirl

My husband read this article in New Scientist magazine. An extremely interesting and thoughtful read, and can highly recommend it. Gives alot of information about why a gastric bypass seems to help us have a reduced appetite and why we feel alright only eating a small amount. I am one of those people who likes to know why something does what it does and if I'm told I shouldn't do something I always have to query why can't I do that, as it makes it easier for me to accept that I can't!!!

Full without food: Can surgery cure obesity? - health - 02 September 2009 - New Scientist

Thanks. Another good read today. This is what I took from it:

"A bypass also delivers nutrients to the more distant parts of the small intestine faster and in greater quantities than normal, which would stimulate the release of more satiety hormones."

Makes the point for making sure that we get maximum nutrition from every morsel we eat and pop multi-vits daily.

A great read the bypass has got a lot going for it. Sure in the future they will be doing this op for type 2 diabetisis.The research they are doing currently is showing this to be a cure in many cases.
The implications are wonderful should that happen.

Back