• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Starters Tier 3??

Mandylyn67

Hi is anyone just started or about to start tier 3? I have my first hospital app Monday and would like to chat to people just beginning their journey.....

I love reading about every ones experiences but there doesn't seem to be many new starters.......:(

Hiya, I'm hoping to start tier 3 soon.. My GP sent the referral off last month.. So just waiting to hear if I've been accepted, but my GP is positive.. Where about a are you? X

Hi is anyone just started or about to start tier 3? I have my first hospital app Monday and would like to chat to people just beginning their journey.....

I love reading about every ones experiences but there doesn't seem to be many new starters.......:(

Hello there I have started tier three well was referred in may, I've had 3 appointments so far 1st was so nervous but no need weighed went through history sent away to write food diary, second visit I was put on a milk diet for 4 weeks then last appointment was taken off I have achieved the 5% of my body weight loss proved I can do the milk diet now I have to maintain till may when I can be referred however I know I've put on 2kg of the 16kg I lost ? but that's why I need help/ surgery

Hiya, I'm hoping to start tier 3 soon.. My GP sent the referral off last month.. So just waiting to hear if I've been accepted, but my GP is positive.. Where about a are you? X
Hi I am in Luton so referred to the L & D. My GP referred me in July and I have waited 3 months for my 1st appointment which is Monday......
I am hoping my BMI has not dropped below 40 - been trying to eat more carbs (as usually don't) but can't lose even on 800 calories a day......

Last edited:
Hello there I have started tier three well was referred in may, I've had 3 appointments so far 1st was so nervous but no need weighed went through history sent away to write food diary, second visit I was put on a milk diet for 4 weeks then last appointment was taken off I have achieved the 5% of my body weight loss proved I can do the milk diet now I have to maintain till may when I can be referred however I know I've put on 2kg of the 16kg I lost ? but that's why I need help/ surgery

Hi Foxy, how are you doing? You are on a 12 month journey aren't you? How long between appointments?
What was your BMI initially?

Hi Foxy, how are you doing? You are on a 12 month journey aren't you? How long between appointments?
What was your BMI initially?

Yes 12 months unfortunately ? appointments are a month apart roughly my BMi starting was 46.9 now 40.5 but I have Co mobilities too ?

Hi I am in Luton so referred to the L & D. My GP referred me in July and I have waited 3 months for my 1st appointment which is Monday...... I am hoping my BMI has not dropped below 40 - been trying to eat more carbs (as usually don't) but can't lose even on 800 calories a day......

I'm still waiting to hear although GP only referred me not even a month ago :( just so impatient.. My bmi is 54 something :( I manage to lose a lot but just put it back on and more.. It's pants.. Did u have your first appointment? How did it go? X

i am going to my second 3 tier appt tomorrow at Derby.
I dont drive so have to catch tw0 trains and a taxi leaving here at 5.00am to get to my 10.30 appt.
I was told this is a 3 hour appointment and i had to wait 2 months for this 2nd visit.
During this time ive had a family bereavement, losing my sister, and i've shed a few pounds ,so i also hope that they dont assume i can lose weight at a drop of a hat.
she was also very over weight,and it was a contributary factor in her death. It has made me even more positive and determined that i MUST get this surgery..
I will let you know how things go but i am nervous to start with at just the thought of the journey and forgetting my stop to change.
I expect my BP and everything will be as high as a kite.wish me luck.

Last edited:
Back