• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to all this and researching clinics

Sazzle1a

Hi all

I'm very new to all this and feeling a little lost at the mo but read lots of threads on this site which is helping. Back story is I've dieted since I was 16 (so 22 years!). Weight has been up and down in that time, mainly up! I'm about 5 stone overweight and feel now like it's really beginning to have an effect on me - achy back, knees, hips. I have an active job where I'm on my feet all day so think the extra pounds are not good on my body anymore. I've thought about a gastric band for about 12 months and feel it may be the answer for me as 22 years of dieting has shown me I've not got control over food. I'm quite scared though - of the op and what life will be like afterwards.
The main thing I'm looking at at the moment is clinics - I will be paying privately and looking round the Manchester/Cheshire area. Any feedback good and bad would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance from a nervous but fed up dieter!!
Xxx

Hey Sazz. Rather than look at the clinic, I'd look at the surgeon and work back from there. I'd also go and have a consultation before making up your mind about what procedure to have as the advice of the surgeon is invaluable.

Hi sundown. Thanks for your reply. So when researching a surgeon would I look at how many ops they've done & success rates etc? I'm not sure I'd know a good one from a not so good one. Gosh I really am a newbie to all this xx

Back