• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New & researching clinics

Sazzle1a

Hi all I'm very new to all this and feeling a little lost at the mo but read lots of threads on this site which is helping. Back story is I've dieted since I was 16 (so 22 years!). Weight has been up and down in that time, mainly up! I'm about 5-6 stone overweight and feel now like it's really beginning to have an effect on me - achy back, knees, hips. I have an active job where I'm on my feet all day so think the extra pounds are not good on my body anymore. I've thought about a gastric band for about 12 months and feel it may be the answer for me as 22 years of dieting has shown me I've not got control over food. I'm quite scared though - of the op and what life will be like afterwards. The main thing I'm looking at at the moment is clinics - I will be paying privately and looking round the Manchester/Cheshire area. Any feedback good and bad would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance from a nervous but fed up dieter!! Xxx

Hiya! I'm from Poynton so in your area. Just had a sleeve with Healthier Weight. They have a few different clinics around the area - I opted for the Manchester Spire in Whalley Range as a friend recommended it. I would recommend Healthier Weight - the team are fantastic and won't suggest anything that isn't suitable. They can also provide the pre and post op food if you want it.

Good luck on your weight loss journey :)

Hi there oh to be slinky. This is so weird I live in the same town as you - what a very very small world. Thank you for the recommendation I will look into them. Can I ask - did you know what procedure you wanted or did the consultant recommend? I didn't know too much about the sleeve & I was thinking of a band but I feel a little uneasy with stories I've seen of bands slipping.
Thanks x

I'm under the spire Manchester too awaiting a band to sleeve conversion I would definitely recommend them and if I was you I would look at the sleeve as well as the band x

Hi Sazzle - I didn't want the band as I had read up on the number of adjustments and the success rates. I knew the sleeve was for me as they remove the part of the stomach that controls appetite - and believe me it works!

The consultant talked me through the differences of all the procedures - the pros and cons - the expected weight loss etc. He was very professional and never pressured me into one op or the other.

If you want to meet up in Poynton for a coffee and a chat please just message me - I'm happy to share experiences.

Thank you monolisa I'll definitely book in for a consultation at Spire see how I feel about them.

Ohtobeslinky - that is such a lovely offer and I'd definitely love to meet up for a chat. I feel really quite nervous & scared about the whole thing and my heads a bit all over the place at the mo as feel like a failure :-(. I've not spoke to anyone in depth about it all. I told my mum and husband a few months ago I was considering surgery and they were very supportive and just want me to be happy and healthy. I can't bear the thought of anyone else knowing so would be great to meet up with someone who understands, has been through it and can offer advice. I will send you a message to arrange a coffee date :). It's so very kind of you - thank you xx

Brilliant - I can understand you being nervous and scared - it's such a big decision to make. Speak soon xx

Ohtobe - I don't know how to send a private message on here. Can't see a tab with it on. I'm quite known for my technical inabilities xxx

Just tried to send you one but it didn't like it. It says you've chosen not to accept private messages!

Just been looking at the site and it says that I need to post 50 times before I can have access to private message. I only joined the other day so not anywhere near up to that yet. Do you want my mobile number instead? X

Only if you're happy posting it on here hunny.

Text on its way! :)

Sazzle. I'd probably edit your post now and delete the number now that slinky has it.

Back