• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS treatment following private band procedure?

spud

Hi all, i'm new to the site and am scheduled for my gastric band procedure with THG in Birmingham on the 21 May. They seem to have a good aftercare package however their clinics are all at least 1 1/2 hrs away from my home. If need be will the NHS deal with any sudden serious problems? I've heard horror stories of people being turned away at he casualty door because the procedure was private and being told "if you start private ANY complication at ANY time has to be dealt with privately" does anybody know if this is true or are they "chain whisper stories"? Thanks

I should think that you would be treated the same at an NHS hospital. End of the day if you are going through something serious they have to treat you.

I believe the NHS will treat life threatening cases or if someone is in acute pain but for anything else you would have to go to your provider.

I think it's prettythe same for people who have the op on the NHS. There aren't a lot of NHS bariatric units around. If I'm accepted my hospital will be a couple of hours away.

x x

Emergencies have to be treated. They can't turn you away at casualty if you are urgently in need of care x

Back