• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to MiniMins...Hello!

Shash

Hi there! I had my Gastric Bypass on 28th February, almost 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately it wasn't as plain sailing as I would have liked. My surgeon used an old scar from when I had my gall bladder removed 2 years ago and this caused an internal bleed. The scar was just below my belly button so the whole bottom part of my tummy, from the waist down turned black where I bled into my tissue. They kept a close eye on me and were contemplating taking me back to surgery. I lost 4 units of blood so they gave me a blood transfusion on the Sunday but I had a bad reaction to it. After lots of cross-matching, I eventually had 3 units of blood and was allowed home 4 days after surgery. I was initially in a lot of pain, wind mostly. This has now gone but I have no energy at all and am extremely weak and tired all the time. I've developed an annoying dry cough which the surgeon thinks is a slight lung infection from the anaesthetic where I couldn't get out of bed for the first few days, he says this should clear on its own.

At first, I regretted having the surgery but after just over 2 weeks I've already lost almost 2 stone and have now started on pureed food. Having this surgery is something I had to do to allow me to live a 'normal' life, so I now have no regrets. :)

Hello and Welcome...

Sorry to hear you had a rough start on your journey but glad you are doing good now.

Fantastic weightloss :eek::D

awwww sorry to hear that sash ... not a nice thing to go through. lets hope its all plain saling for you from here and hope you get better real soon and back on your feet .. and welcome to minis ... you will get loads of support here and anything you want to know someone will have the answer xx

Hi Sash, and welcome to minis......... sorry to hear things weren't too good at the start, but you will find lots of support on here....

xxx

Hiya sorry to hear you were feeling so rough ((((SASHA)))) lots of hugs

Have you been to your GP about feeling so tired and low? you may be anemic following the blood loss/replacment etc just a thought....anyway hope you get to feeling better soon and look forward to chating and seeing you around here xx

ps were you a NHS or a private ?

Hi Sash

Welcome to Mini's.

A rocky start but now you can concentrate on the pounds you'll be losing.:D

Sash welcome to mini's and the losing team, the rough start is well worthwhile going though as it gets easier afterwards :)

hello and welcome. Sorry you had a bad start, but hopefully it will all be plain sailing from here.

Hello you!! Glad you made it here :D;)

Scotty told me that you'd had problems, so happy to read that you're on the up now.

Go on admit it - puree never tasted soooo good!!!

V x

Hello and welcome Shash, you certainly had a rough time of it but hopefully the worst is behind you.

I too was very tired and weak for several weeks after surgery and I think it's because I just couldn't eat enough calories.

You add up how many calories your consuming and then halve it (because that's what your guts are absorbing) and you'll find it ain't a lot, I was eating about 600 cals a day, which amounts to about 300 cals of energy, which for someone very big is nothing.

You see now we can only eat enough calories to maintain a 10 or 12 stone person, not someone as big as us, so we're bound to be tired a bit, but as the weight drops it gets better.

But good news, I'm now a great deal stronger because it gets much easier to eat more food once you learn how to do it and you'll find the same at about six weeks or so.
:eatdrink023:

A big 'Thank you' to everyone for their kind words. You're all right, things can only get better and I am feeling more positive about things every day. Can't wait to eat 'proper' food!

Shash x

Welcome Shash, hope your feeling better chucks.

Back