• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new years resolutions

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
what is every ones new years resolutions ? have they changed since wls, or since waiting for wls ?
mine is the same as last year :cry:to try stop smoking lol as its very nawty so my surgeon keeps saying:8855:

what is yours for 2009 i would love to hear them !!!!

liz xxx

Mine is to do more exercise and get fit!!
I actually stopped smoking last saturday The day of my Operation so Its a week tomor but on the monday I came out of Hospital I had 3 and tuesday 3 and wednesday 3, But Not had any now for 2 days and I am NOT going back on them, I have smoked about 30 a day for 23 years and I feel very proud of myself!!!

Mine would be to start to excercise and to get out and about and actually meet up with friends and enjoy my time instead of being miserable and inside pretty much a hermit which is how I've become as my weight has increased. I hope my new found confidence as the weight comes off allows me to succeed in this.

wow well done you !! keep up the good work if you fing it hard to cope get nicotine patches off the gp, they take the craving off big time !

liz x

Mine would be to start to excercise and to get out and about and actually meet up with friends and enjoy my time instead of being miserable and inside pretty much a hermit which is how I've become as my weight has increased. I hope my new found confidence as the weight comes off allows me to succeed in this.

im sure it will hun, the confidence comes and grows, you will find you want to do more go out more as time goes by x

Mine's to really get myself sorted out next year, weight wise, job wise etc.It's time I started putting myself first, my best mate told me to tonight;):8855:
Oh and i'm gonna be a Nana in March, so another resolution is to be the best Nana ever:D;)

To heal my inner turmoils.
To give myself the love and respect I deserve.
To be kinder to others.
To be a good friend.
To loose as much weight as possible.

Mine's to really get myself sorted out next year, weight wise, job wise etc.It's time I started putting myself first, my best mate told me to tonight;):8855:
Oh and i'm gonna be a Nana in March, so another resolution is to be the best Nana ever:D;)

yes u r no1 priority !!
congrats on the nw grandchild on the way, im sure you will be a fantastic nanna.

liz x

To heal my inner turmoils.
To give myself the love and respect I deserve.
To be kinder to others.
To be a good friend.
To loose as much weight as possible.

hey caz, when you can learn to love yourself, and tell yourself you are a equal like any other person on this earth things get better it took along time 4 me to like me !
you are kind to others, the support you give on this site just proves that !
you are a good freind, again to others on this site, and im sure you are with ppl around you !
& finally im sure you will get where you want to be weight loss wise as you seem very determined and willing to work hard with your band !

liz x

Hey Candie Congratualtions on being a Nana in march!! I am gonna be a Nanna in April too, so your just gonna beat me lol, I'm really looking Forward to it!!
Awww is it your first, and dya know what sex it is?Ours is a girly:23::23:
Thanks Liz I will try my best to be good, and try not to spoil her, but hope i'm there for my Daughter and not having the op when she arrives, cos i'm the birthing partner:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thanks Liz I will try my best to be good, and try not to spoil her, but hope i'm there for my Daughter and not having the op when she arrives, cos i'm the birthing partner:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:[/quote]

aww thats nice, try to arrange the op for after the due date you could always postpone the op a week or 2 if you explain whats happening in your personal life, they surgical appointment team are normally quite understanding.

what is every ones new years resolutions ? have they changed since wls, or since waiting for wls ?
mine is the same as last year :cry:to try stop smoking lol as its very nawty so my surgeon keeps saying:8855:

what is yours for 2009 i would love to hear them !!!!

liz xxx

Hi Liz
I gave up smoking in January using Champix - it was soooooo easy (and I LOVED smoking!). I know there are concerns about depression associated with the drug, but my partner watched out for any mood changes and all was absolutely fine. It might be worth having a chat with your GP?

My New Year's resolution is to lose weight and get fit enough in time to run around after my totally fab-tastic :)grandson:)! He's 3 months old now and a complete joy! Congrats to the other Nannas - grandchildren are the most wonderful thing! :D
Lx

hey caz, when you can learn to love yourself, and tell yourself you are a equal like any other person on this earth things get better it took along time 4 me to like me !
you are kind to others, the support you give on this site just proves that !
you are a good freind, again to others on this site, and im sure you are with ppl around you !
& finally im sure you will get where you want to be weight loss wise as you seem very determined and willing to work hard with your band !

liz x

Caz I agree with everything Liz said on here its spot on chick....I am almost 50 and only learnt to love myself this year...it takes time but it is very liberating once you start....xx

My resolutions are

1. to take no crap from anyone
2. Bag a toy boy (by this I mean one in his 40's as I am almost 50)
3. Get fit and healthy
4. Reduce my meds
5. Have fun fun fun......

My resolutions are

1. to take no crap from anyone
2. Bag a toy boy (by this I mean one in his 40's as I am almost 50)
3. Get fit and healthy
4. Reduce my meds
5. Have fun fun fun......

WOOO HOOO :bliss:

SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD PLAN TO ME !!

LIZ X

I am going to make a very general one that covers everything....just to try and be happy. happy with myself, my weight, my family etc. am hoping if I go into things with this attitude I might just pull them off!!

GOOD LUCK WITH IT MOMMYB X

Hi Liz

To be honest in the last few years I haven't had any cos I knew it would never last but this year mine are around exercise.
1. Get to the gym at least 3 days a week
2. Take Alfie out for a walk every night and long walks at weekends.

Great thread hun xx

hi liz

to be honest in the last few years i haven't had any cos i knew it would never last but this year mine are around exercise.
1. Get to the gym at least 3 days a week
2. Take alfie out for a walk every night and long walks at weekends.

Great thread hun xx

thats great, im sure you will get used to the routine of the gym, and im sure alfie will be more than pleased with extra walkies:)

liz x

Back