• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NEWS YEARS RESOLUTIONS 2012

2012 for me will be ....

• a great year with great success's!!!!

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • hard work, but hopefully with superb results!

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • just another year :-(

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • the end of civilization as we know it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ryanrara

RyanRARA
2012 is almost upon us! (how frightening?). As we are one big WLS family (post and pre-op), let's share our New Years Resolutions. What our plans/aims/goals are for 2012. They dont need to be WLS orientated only. However, being almost 3 month post-op, I know my life's focus have changed dramatically (for the better) and even my non WLS resolutions are linked some how. So please share, however personal and open. And then in 6 months I promise to revisit this post (as hopefully you will) and will can evaluate how close we are to acheiving the list, or what has fallen by the wayside and why.

As I made the post, I'll go first shall I? :)

My 2012 resolutions:
1. Get my pouch sorted out so that I can eat properly (well WLS properly)
2. Start proper exercising
3. Get to goal weight by December (14 stone)
4. Sort out my career and develope my career
5. Sort out my finances
6. Go on 2 (over 10 day) holidays abroad, and at least 2 short city breaks in Europe
7. Become a kick ass style icon in my community (as soon as I can wear proper thin clothes I plan to strutt my stuff)
8. Buy a MAcBook Pro
9. Meet someone and just maybe fall in love (I'm just a boy standing in front of another boy asking him to love me)
10. Get to know my brother and his wife a little better
11. Give my parents a much deserved break from me and do something really special for them
12. Learn Mandarin
13. Make right with two friends I lost a long the way in South Africa

That's me and mine! Oh yes ...

14. Win the euromillions

To finally get that tummy tuck and hernia repair without hitting the surgeon (He has cancelled twice :mad:)

To sort my boob job out (same surgeon won't even try to apply for funding, even though my GP has said I will get funding. Sure he thinks he's paying :mad:)

To find a job (can't even apply due to said tummy tuck and recovery period :mad:)

To get a life outside the house :D

Mine are to get my sleeve op n quit smoking n to make the most of my new life ;) x

Mine are to:
Stop snacking in the evening and not eat anything after my evening meal
Pay more attention to my protein intake
Start training for a 5k run and complete Race for Life in memory of my mum and dad
Live life to the full !!
xx

Mine are-
To start exercising (go swimming twice a week).
To get under 20stone.
To get back to singing.

As I made the post, I'll go first shall I? :)

My 2012 resolutions:
1. Get my pouch sorted out so that I can eat properly (well WLS properly)
2. Start proper exercising
3. Get to goal weight by December (14 stone)
4. Sort out my career and develope my career
5. Sort out my finances
6. Go on 2 (over 10 day) holidays abroad, and at least 2 short city breaks in Europe
7. Become a kick ass style icon in my community (as soon as I can wear proper thin clothes I plan to strutt my stuff)
8. Buy a MAcBook Pro
9. Meet someone and just maybe fall in love (I'm just a boy standing in front of another boy asking him to love me)
10. Get to know my brother and his wife a little better
11. Give my parents a much deserved break from me and do something really special for them
12. Learn Mandarin
13. Make right with two friends I lost a long the way in South Africa

That's me and mine! Oh yes ...

14. Win the euromillions
aww i love number 11 :) bless xxx

mine are
1. to look in the mirror and like the woman looking back at me
2. forgive myself
3. take better care of my needs (ie be selfish now and then)
4. lose 5 stone or more
5. stop smoking
6. walk away from serial cheating husband

To have my op
To learn to respect myself
To get a life

grow my hair long now that its stopped falling out
get to goal weight
exercise more

try for a tummy tuck

spend more quality time with kids

xx

Folks your new years resolutions are awesome, honest and heart felt! We'll get there - all of us will!

xxx

just giving this a bump as not long now till 2012!

MY 2012 REVOLUTIONS

yep not just resolutions, now is the time to revolution as well :)

I am having surgery
I will not ever YOYO diet again
I will lose weight and it will not ever find me again
I will go shopping again
I will go out socially again
I will look in the mirror again & learn to like who I see as the fat melts away and the real me emerges
I will smile again
I will have more energy
I will be more focussed
I will succeed
I will be positive

There will be tough times - there always are, I have had a difficult adult life BUT that just means not that I am less fortunate, it means that I appreciate the good things more than most when they do happen!!!

I will have more time to see my mum and dad rather than hidin at home eating & drinking to combat the loneliness

2012 will be a year with great successes, hard work, yes of course! But hey, if it was going to be easy it wouldnt be so fantastic a story :)

NO MORE BREAD !!!

That is my one resolution. Decided against a long list ... and even though I'm not specifically removing: cheese / chocolates / chips / all other fatty food etc .... common sense says that they will also be wayyyyy down my list after the surgery.

Bread is my one big weakness, and part of the reason for that is because it is so cheap. Sometimes when I have been really broke, being able to budget for 2 x 45 p value loaves and very very cheap sandwich fillings (19 p jars of chicken paste etc etc) has helped me survive.

I realise that in kicking bread off my list, I will have to now budget and prepare a weekly food list (even before the op), as trying to get enough food for all my lunches and evening meals without BREAD being involved means buying PROPER FOOD (shock! horror!).

They say that we are more likely to stick to things if we try to make one small change, rather than setting lots of goals to work on at the same time.

As I know that eating bread (I am referring to doughy white bread) after the op will be difficult, I thought I should start on 1 January 2012 with that in mind anyway.

In 2012 I want to:

Loose 6 stone
De clutter my home
Go swimming at least 3 days a week
Build up my clientèle
Have a holiday abroad with the family (1st one in 3 years)
To try and be more patient with my husband who can try my patience to the limit lol!

:)

Hmmm.......ill be honest ill settle for just being happy the last 4yrs have been a nightmare. seperating and going through divorce. losing my 24yr old nephew to a brain tumor. my mum passing away after a short battle with cancer. my aunt who was like my 2nd mum passing away. so for 2012 i will be happy if my business survives this recession and to have a smile on my face. not exactly a new year resolution but these last 4yrs ive kinda given up on the happy new year thing cos it just kept getting worse so im not gonna hold my breath for this one but i would like to wish all on wls a very happy new year and good luck to all who are up for surgery PS the one thing that did go totally my way was my wls journey its been flawless so far.

Weigh under 11 stone
Jump out of plane (with paracute!)
Go to alton towers
Get a pay rise
Go on holiday for 7 days or more
Be a size 14 or less
Be a gym regular

Jump out of plane (with paracute!)

I will join you! :D

That is very much something I want to do, but not exactly a resolution, just an ambition.

I might be several months behind you though, as my op is not until March (approx) and I am still over 300 lbs (altho only 9 more of the blessed things to shift and I will be in the 299 and under category!).

Back