• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie alert!!

pixiep

Hiya :wavey:

I'm Katy, married with two children (12&9)

I've Yo-Yo'd since I was about 18 I'm now nearly 38 :eek:

I've been actively looking into weight loss surgery for about a year, and today stumbled on this forum, where so far I've found out lots of info...

I'm looking into the Gastric Balloon procedure as I've only got a little over 4st to shift to be at my ideal weight.

looking forward to finding out lots more and doing more research before making my final decision.

Hello katy!
Welcome to our great site, everyone is soo welcoming and happy to share their stories, offer advise as well as a dose of tough love if needed! Good luck with all you wish for

Welcome Katy to a great site .

Hi, Katy I'm newish to the site to the people are very informative on here it's a good source of learning. I had my sleeve on 2/6/15. Hope you find the site usefully good luck with your journey what ever you decide.xx

Thank you for all the welcomes, it does make it a little easier... Last night I plucked up the courage, and ordered some brochures from about 5 different private hospitals. That's a step further than I've been before... (I've asked for both my husband and myself as he too needs help BMI 45+)

I've just come off the phone with a lovely lady from The Hospital Group... she said that if we decided to go with them, they could offer us a twin room and we could have the surgeries done on the same day and be-able to stay together...

She also said that I wouldn't qualify for the Balloon as I'm a yo-yo dieter and it wouldn't benefit me paying all that money to put it all on again! (This I thought was really good of her) she recommended I look into the gastric band.

I got lots of info regards who I could have to perform the surgeries, where it would be (I didn't realise it would be in Birmingham) and how it would be done.... really informative.

She's sending me out some reading material too.

Oh I have lots of questions.... need to find where to post them!!

Thanks again Katy x

go to the banders section and there's a faq section or just post away :) of course you could just ask here, am pretty sure lots of banders around to help :) x x x

I think she gave you great advice on the baloon. My surgeon told me it was just another crash diet. Your band, although the surgery is more Invasive, will serve you longer if you stick to the rules

There is a girl on here, she and her husband both have bands. Her name is weightloss dreamer

Hey Pixie and welcome :)

I'm new too and just starting on the private route after booting the NHS route out the door.

I'm looking at banding myself - for no particular reason other than it seems the least intrusive :)

Hi Katy, welcome to the forum :) Good luck :)

Welcome Katy, I've found this forum sooooo valuable and I hope you will too. Amazing even for little questions and advice you didn't think about.

Good luck with your journey Hun
Ali x

Welcome to I think is the best site for information and advice .

Welcome to the forum, hope you find loads of useful advise. Best of luck with yout weight loss journey.

Welcome.I am a newbie too.Just been referred.
Are you self funding?
My one worry is that i will go through all of the 3 tier etc and then lose the funding or something. This site does give you an insight to how things are going with everyone.
Most seem really positive. Fingers crossed we get sorted ...eventually.

Welcome to the site - wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back