• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Right at the start...st Georges

Rose2016

Hello
I am a newbie. Similar story to most people on here - excited about the prospect of a head start on a dramatic change in my weight and a positive impact on my confidence, health and mobility.

Referred by GP on 28 October 2015.
Seen by Dr Reddy 19 January and the dietician a month after that. Given the all clear by him (who was fabulous).
Now chasing for a date, but understand there is a waiting list so won't be discussed at the multi disciplinary team until the backlog us cleared.
BMI 50 plus. Really very keen to get moving. Think about the next steps constantly through the day.

los in it

Hello and welcome!
Sounds like all going well for you,just keep positive and Starr changing your life re diet before your due dare so that your match fit before the big day itself x

Rose2016

Thanks for the kind welcome... Am excited robe here and getting ready to start my big journey

countrywench

Welcome rose !
I advice you to start your own diary on here , put down everything , good and bad , it helps to get it all out . We don't judge as we have been in the same boat ..
Xxx

Popsie

Hello rose I am having my surgery by mr reddy in ten days time at st ants but under st George's , it came around quite quick and now making my way thru lsd diet which is not that bad on 6 day and cravings have gone but my gall stones are really starting to play up and don't know if I should mention it to anyone before surgery? So before you know it you will have a date

Rose2016

Hello rose I am having my surgery by mr reddy in ten days time at st ants but under st George's , it came around quite quick and now making my way thru lsd diet which is not that bad on 6 day and cravings have gone but my gall stones are really starting to play up and don't know if I should mention it to anyone before surgery? So before you know it you will have a date
How long did it take from your appmt with dry reddy and the dietician before you got a date?

Rose2016

Sorry - Dr Reddy - he's anything but dry so excuse my typo - he's very jovial

Rose2016

So my case is to be discussed at the MDT next week. Does anyone from St Georges know what's happens next?

Rose2016

Got my date!! Pre-op on 25 August and Op on 10 September at Cheam.
This is going to be my last 'fat' holiday: next year my costume will be less of a tent and my confidence soaring.

Bring it on!