• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie, banded 25/6 by Mr Schroeder in Sunderland

Lesley1

Hi all :sign0144:,

I had my band fitted at Sunderland on the NHS, the op was done by Mr Schroeder, lovely man. I waited about 14 months from the group meeting.
I lost 8lb on the pre op diet and have lost 16lb since my op.
Everything went well but as I have a history of blood clots I have to wear the sexy surgical stockings for 8 weeks!!!!!!! Another 4 weeks to go then freedom.
Looking forward to getting the band filled as have definitely got my appetite back so using good old willpower to stick to my tea plate sized portions.
One thing I have noticed is that I just don't enjoy tea or coffee anymore and don't fancy anything sweet, has anyone else found this?
I'm hoping to get to the support group on Thursday so might hopefully meet some of you there.

Lesley

Hi Lesley i'm a bypasser but i can tell you i went off tea for about a week or so post op and then suddenly one morning got up and wanted tea and it was delish.. As for coffee i found i enjoyed coffee made entirely with milk (which was good for protein) but not made with water n milk, this lasted about 5 weeks then i enjoyed a water based coffee...

I wish the craving for sweet stuff would go, could have wrestled an alligator for chocolate yesterday :)

Good luck with your journey, i'm sure our Liz will be along shortly, think she plays a part in the Sunderland support group and always has excellent advice for banders xx

Hi, i cant really help as i am pre op waiting for a bypass but i just wanted to welcome you to WLS and wish you luck along the way! congratulations on your WLS! xxx

Hi Lesley - congratulations on the surgery and the weightloss - long may it continue! Just wanted to welcome you to the site. :welcome::wavey:
I'm hoping to have surgery at Sunderland sometime next year - have got my group meeting in September.... not sure if I will be band or bypass yet, but whatever questions you have I'm sure there will be someone here that can help!

Hi Lesley , welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy posting here. It sounds like your will power is pretty good if you're sticking to those small portions without a fill yet. Hopefully your first one will give you a nice long period of restriction to boost your weight loss xxx All the best from me

HI Lelesy welcome to the site, i was also done at sunderland hospital had bypass on 3oth march, dont know if you know there is a support group held in the education centre next 1 is this thursday at 6

welcome

Hi Lesley and welcome.

I love this site, everyone is so friendly and helpful.

I'm having my bypass in Sunderland in August. Mr Schroeder's doing it, but I haven't met him yet. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to this month's support meeting as I'll be on my way to Cardiff...

and possibly not the next either as I'm guessing it'll be very close to my op date...

but will hope to meet you soon!

Charis xxx

:welcome2:Hello Lesley and welcome to the site. I wish you all the best with your wls journey, Marie.

Thankyou everyone for making me feel so welcome.

I'm definitely going to the support group meeting tomorrow. I'm bringing my cousin who had a bypass at the beginning of June, she is doing brilliantly. It'll be really good to meet everyone.

Lesley
x

Hi everyone! I'm new and kinda lost =) but I'm just going to post on here because I want to talk =D Love reading this site because 1) theres sooo much posativity! 2) Pretty much everyone seems to have had/be going for surgery in Sunderland!
I had the bypass on July 2nd... and unfortunately got a twisted bowel on September 5th... thaught I was a gonner, but of course Mr Small and Mr Schroeder (who performed my bypass) wouldn't let that happen =) They are two lovely men who know the flow on barriatric surgery (sorry terrible spellings!) Luckily I'm no longer wearing the sexy surgical stockings LOL but the wound from the twisted bowel is still getting dressed daily!
I also want to point out how amazing the nurses are on ward B25... I can't thank them enough for looking after me =) and although at the time i was thinking OH LORDY SHUT UP... they're really motivational at getting you up off of your bum after the opperation =D and it's true... they only do it to help us!
I'll bet you're shouting at the screen now right? "HOW MUCH HAVE YOU LOST THOUGH?!?!?" Well I'm proud to say that I've lost 6 stone =) and I've decided to stear clear of the scales for a month or so because I had a 2 week period of no weight loss and realised I was addicted to the scales!
Hope everyone is doing well and as you can tell I love to talk =) so if any of you want to chat... find me =) xxxxxxx

Back