• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland - Mr Schroeder - Questions

hi
i had my bypass on 21st dec with mr schroder. he is very good. i had no problems.
i had a gastroscopy in june prior to procedure to check what your stomach is like. its normal procedure. good luck. i am now 1 week post op and feel fantastic
x
june

hi
i had my bypass on 21st dec with mr schroder. he is very good. i had no problems.
i had a gastroscopy in june prior to procedure to check what your stomach is like. its normal procedure. good luck. i am now 1 week post op and feel fantastic
x
june

good to hear your well June x

I take multi-vitamins & drink plenty of milk but the pro-biotic drinks even made me ill :(

Honestly I hate sounding like a whinge-bag 'cos I'm so grateful for this bypass & this little 'blip' won't get me down ;)

you aren't a whinge bag at all xxxxxx i can't stomach the probiotic drinks thats why i get the tabs with it in xxxx You have a very possitive attitude hun xxxx:)

Thanks again for all the replies !

No idea who he was then - will have to find out at next appointment if it's the same guy lol

He asked how I lost my target weight and i just told him I ate a bit less. He just smiled sarcastically. I think he thought I was being sarcastic but it was an honest answer ! There are only a few ways you can lose weight after all. lol

Sorry but I didnt notice his bum lol. I don't think he was particularly tall though. He brought another girl in with him and didnt even tell me who she was. She just sat at the other side of the room and listened.
hey ho.

I've already had one meeting with Kim. It was the one before this one and she asked what I ate on a daily basis etc. Don't remember any mention of the injections. Maybe I was just a bit overwhelmed or something.

Wow so 6 months between gastroscopy and op ? So I must be due for that soon, unless the waiting time is even longer than they said !

J-mo - 5 pounds over Christmas - wow !!

j.u.s.t.l.i.z - I went to the meeting on 30th Septemeber I think it was. I recognise your pic ! Think I spoke to you but there were so many people there that I can't be sure lol. When is the next one ? Kim only gave me dates to the end of the year ?
How are you finding the bypass ? When I went to the meeting everyone was saying they were having a problem with the band, that's partly what made me think a bypass was better.

Does anyone know anyone else due for ops in around 6 months at Sunderland? I remember at the very first info meeting that there was a big crowd of us. At my appointments after that I've only seen one other person ! lol

I'm going to ask a question I think I might regret. I'm sure when I first found this site there was a section for people who had had the bypass done a LONG time ago. One of the posts I think was called "I wish I knew then ...". Does anyone have any regrets about having it done ? I cant seem to find it anymore.

I'm going to ask a question I think I might regret. I'm sure when I first found this site there was a section for people who had had the bypass done a LONG time ago. One of the posts I think was called "I wish I knew then ...". Does anyone have any regrets about having it done ? I cant seem to find it anymore.

No Regrets xxx only a new slim life to look forward to xxxx

j.u.s.t.l.i.z - I went to the meeting on 30th Septemeber I think it was. I recognise your pic ! Think I spoke to you but there were so many people there that I can't be sure lol.
i think i would of been at your seminar back in September, you may of well spoke to me at the end as i stay for anyone tht has any questions or concerns.
When is the next one ? Kim only gave me dates to the end of the year ?
there arnt any more seminars as there are just for new patients, but we do have our friendy support group in the same room we do the seminars in, the next suport group meeting is Jan 27th from 6 pm if you want to attend feel free, also your welcome to bring a partner or a friend along too.
How are you finding the bypass ? When I went to the meeting everyone was saying they were having a problem with the band, that's partly what made me think a bypass was better.

banding is causing lots of problems at the moment for many different reasons, i love my bypass and from my experience of living with both ops the bypass is the better of the two but thats just my own personal opinion on that.

Does anyone know anyone else due for ops in around 6 months at Sunderland? I remember at the very first info meeting that there was a big crowd of us. At my appointments after that I've only seen one other person ! lol

if you attend our support group im sure we can try and find out if any of the others are waiting for ops around the same time as yourself.

Liz xxx

Oh I've just looked up some pictures of the consultants. I think it was actually Mr Balupuri I saw. Can't find any pics of Schroeder.

Oh I've just looked up some pictures of the consultants. I think it was actually Mr Balupuri I saw. Can't find any pics of Schroeder.

I very much doubt it given your description. Mr Balapuri is an absolute gentleman
and and very very kind and gentle. He was a total sweetheart to me when I was very poorly and I've never seen him be l anything else.
It may well have been on one of the registrars.
Grace xxxx

I was gonna say i to have seen mr balupuri, and i left wanting to marry him, he put me at ease, he started by saying he had all the time in the world for me, id be very shocked if it was him..... xx

Also waiting 2nd endoscopy in mid jan got put on list in oct ? Had nothing confirming this yet like!!!! But see what is said in jan xxx

i agree sweets, or at least see them on some appointments before they go rummaging around in your innards :)

Hi undecided im also waiting and waiting...
i have my next appointment 21feb i think my letter said it was with mr balpuri then waiting again lol
i need to have my opp by august at the latest as im away on holiday late september and its just my luck my appointment will be when im away and will have to cancle my lovely holiday in the sun :(
ive only ever made it to one support meeting as i work so i pretty much get all my info and support from here :)

good luck with your journey
Louise

after your third appointment its a 6 month wait sweets so your hol should be fine x

Back