• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Bander

Summerband

Hello all, I have been lurking for a while and now excited to join in. I have a my op booked for June 29th with Mr Super. I am really looking forward to being a healthier weight and not being so restricted by my size and the impact it has on my health. Any advice for pre-op greatly received.

I start a two week milk diet on Saturday! Not looking forward to it, but it is a means to an end and I will follow it too the letter.

Hello summerband, nice to meet you! I had my band yesterday and I am now at home. Following the pre op diet, it really does help. I did two weeks of milk and yogurts and it was easier than I thought although I had head hunger really bad a couple of days I got through it x

Hi NT

Congrats on your band! How are you feeling? I see you were THG, I am having them too. I am not worried about the op. I have had 5 other surgeries for various things, but I am worried about the recovery and learning how to eat after. Did you have any fill in your band during the op?

I found THG fantastic, great experience so far. I had 4mls in a 10mls band, really pleased I have some fill already, my surgeon decided that though x

welcome, I've had my band for 9 1/2 months and love it, I had it fitted by mr super but wen with healthier weight and not THG, if you work with the guidelines you've been given from your provider both before and after you're working to what you should be.

Guidelines vary so much from provider to provider....

I got given a low cal diet, but followed the milk diet through choice, it certainly helps get you prepared for the band :)

Mr Super usually only puts 1ml in at surgery (he told me but that was 18 months ago), but next fill is usually 3 mls. Most people need 3 or 4 fills to get into the 'green zone'. Good luck!
Jo x

Hi all, thanks for the replies. THG have asked me to do the milk/slimfast diet with mullerlight yogs for 2 weeks. The 2 weeks liquids, 2 weeks mashed, and gradually onto solids. So I will see how it goes.

I do really need to work out about vitamins though. Any advice on vitamins and calcium vit D supps?

Also I am hoping to loose 99lbs which is alot! But I have been encouraged by seeing others had already lots this amount and in some cases more. So fingers crossed it works for me too. I just cant remember what it is like not to be fat. Having been overweight for my entire adult life!

THG recommended vitamins for me which is what I am taking plus a chewable calcium tablet. X

Hello and welcome!

I had a band fitted over four years ago, not with your surgeon or provider though.

Good luck on your journey x

Boots do an A to Z chewable vitamin for teens (full adult dose) that is slightly more extensive than the centrum chewable and much cheaper (on 3 4 2 most of the time too). I also get ad-cal d3 prescribed by my Gp which is a calcium and Vitd chewable supplement in Tutti frutti flavour. She prescribes 2 months supply at a time do much cheaper than buying over the counter. My gp was very supportive of my private band though as she referred me on the nhs and felt I should have been funded for it (my PCT didn't follow NICE guidelines!)
Hth,
Jo x

Hello everyone, Well I have survived 7 whole days on the milk diet and I am good. The first 2 days were really hard, I felt weak and dizzy much of the time. But by about day 4 I felt great. I have not been hungry often and find I no longer have the "food coma" I used to get after eating carbs. I have felt a little difference in my clothes but need to buy scales to see what has happened.

I cant believe that by this time next week it will have been done.

It is great to hear all your stories and successes, I hope to have mine to tell too soon.

xx

Back