• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie...but no novice to dieting :)

Angela1310

Hi

Reading some of the posts has made me realize how lucky I am.

Saw the Dr on the 3rd August he mentioned wls, had my 1st appointments today at Luton. They informed me funding had been approved. Been given orlistat until I see the dietitian.

Current weight is less than I though 23stone 6lb, the mystery of where I lost an inch off my height is yet to be resolved :D apparently I am 5ft 4".

I have no idea what to expect, can see I have lots of research to do before my next visit to Luton Obesity Clinic.

Any advice or information welcome :D

hiya, i thought they were having problems with orlistat ???? and welcum btw

What sort of problems? I know nothing! Ty for the welcome if I am going to change my life I am willing to do what I am told for a change..lol

Orilstat is fine. It's the only weight loss drug now available on prescription. SIBUTRAMINE is the drug they had problems with. That's why it is no longer prescribed.

no i mean the manufacturers havnt been making the drug for the past 8 months... have no idea why, its like rocking horse s**t to get hold of lol

Hi Angela and welcome!
I gained an inch in height mysteriously...during my hospital visits!
Lots of luck with your weight loss and hope you don't have a long wit for surgery.
Em xxxx

Well lets hope they have enough Orlistat to keep me going until I see the dietician!

I got the idea I will not be hanging about long but I could be wrong. Apparently there is a time limit on funding of six months? The form put forward to the MDT said ASAP!!!

What are the different stages? They took loads of blood, an ECG and some other heart scan. I also had to complete a form that went on forever asking the same questions but in a different way.

Back