• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie - Bypass booked 7 April -Eeeek

PokeyKoala

Hi All,

I spoke with my consultant last night - who very kindly called me back today to make sure I had all of the right info and then booked me in for a by-pass in 4 weeks time.

I'm a mixture of being flipping scared and very excited and wanted to find out everything I could about the journey I am about embark.

I've been lurking in the background here, but thought I would step up and say Hi to all of you who have already been on this journey or embarking on it!

HI ! :)

hello you and welcome to a fantastic site !

Welcome and gl :)

Hi All,

I spoke with my consultant last night - who very kindly called me back today to make sure I had all of the right info and then booked me in for a by-pass in 4 weeks time.

I'm a mixture of being flipping scared and very excited and wanted to find out everything I could about the journey I am about embark.

I've been lurking in the background here, but thought I would step up and say Hi to all of you who have already been on this journey or embarking on it!

HI ! :)

Hello and welcome, this is a great site with amazing people on it. Loads of advice, knowledge and support available, and everyone is super friendly.

Good luck for your journey and not long till we welcome you to the losers bench x

hi welcome and good luck

Hello and welcome and it's normal to be scared would not be right to say your not because it's a life changing event but to get to the point of surgery it means your ready
Good luck and lots of support here everyone is great

Hi, Welcome and gl on on hour journey xxx

Thank you all for such a warm welcome - I have to say it really helps to be able to connect to other people who have been in my position and succeeded and also those people who, like me are just starting out !

I hope i'll be chatting with you all on a regular basis. :):)

Well, I've had my meeting with my Dietician and have my lovely milk diet instructions. Yum (I think)
I've also just had a endoscopic peek at my stomach and other than a touch of gastritis, I'm good to go.

So I'm just sitting waiting for a script and my tounge to regain feeling then I'll head home and start planning.

Any advice for this point forwards, coping with all that milk, hospital planning etc?

?

Each hospital/region is different, I didn't have to do the milk diet (thankfully!!) so cant give you any advice other than, remember its only for a short time, its to shrink your liver not lose weight and follow the instructions from your team. Afterwards Take as much time to recover as you need, listen to your body and again follow the instructions given by your team re- timelines for moving on to the various food stages. Dont measure yourself against others, remember we all started at different places and our bodies will react differently, we are all on our own path. Try to enjoy it, I know there were days/weeks i almost regretted having the op. remember why you are doing it, but have realistic expectations.

Good luck hun, your op date will be here before you know it xx

Back