• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie.... Hello ;)

kerriexxx

Hi, I've been browsing on here for a few weeks and thought it was about time I posted something!

I'm booked in on Monday to have a Gastric Bypass at Musgrove Park eeeek!

Has anyone else had surgery here? X

Not as far as having a consultation yet! Just thought I would say Welcome being a newbie myself. They have some great threads on here and I think you will probably get an answer to most of your questions.

Debbie

Im new too and booked up for Sleeve in Prague

Hey, welcome I'm pretty new, i stalked the site for some time, I'm terrible moving round this site, but got brave as i have simple got fed up of weight and decided to go for it, not procrastinate an more, not wallow and certainly not spend another year of my life dieting painfully slowly knowing i will not maintain the weight for more than a few months.

I am booked up i am off Oct 6th, 5K cheaper than UK and read nothing to concern me in reviews. Looking for a buddy but to be honest i can see people all chip in on here so

good luck on your journey, i can't wait to start mine

PS is it normal to eat senseless leading up to when i guess i have to do liver shrinking? everything is like last supper mentality !:eek::)

Hey guys thanks for the warm welcome!

I had lots of 'last' meals leading up to my LSD! Lol

I opted to do the slim fast version, the first few days are tough but I was surprised how your body gets used to it! (Although when you are dishing up cottage pie for the other half like I was tonight...omg I soooo just wanted to lick the spoon!)

Good luck to you all on your journeys, I'm getting pretty excited now! Last day at work today... It kinda feels like I'm going on holiday!

Look forward to reading how everyone is getting on

X

phhaaa can't tell you the amount of diets in my past i have licked spoons, bowls, ate cold child leftovers, savoured and spat out

good luck xxxx Please do let us know how you're getting on x

Good luck for Monday. I didn't have my surgery there but thought I would just say hello.

****waves hello****

I couldn't see where you say where you are going. I am thinking about Czech for mine. Can't go until our house is sold which will hopefully be by the end November. I finish work at the end of November so won't be able to pay the mortgage!!!!

Good luck with it all. I shall watch this space with interest.

Hi,

I'm having my gastric band at the Nuffield in Taunton on 1st October!

I'm on day 8 of my LSD at the moment and I can't wait to just get started xx

Good luck & positive thoughts coming your way ?

Just popped in to say hello welcome and lots of luck

Hey Guys, well I had my op on Monday. Got to the hospital just before 7am and finally went for my op about 2:15......felt like forever waiting! All went well thank goodness! I won't lie I was in loads of pain in recovery but they gave me more morphine (just to shut me up I think!) and I fell asleep. Came back to my room, which btw was nicer than some hotels I have stayed in! At about 8pm and they gave me some paracetamol and ibuprofen. I dozed on and off but at first they come in every half an hour and check your blood pressure and pulse so didn't sleep much. I got up at about 10 to go for a wee, felt a bit wobbly and by the time I got back to my bed felt quite sick however that passed pretty quick. I only had water while I was in hospital, I came out on Wednesday and when I got home tried a small amount of orange juice which was ok. Today I tried just under a 1/4 tin of ww soup watered down a bit and it went down fine. I find I have to sit completely upright to drink else I get a pain in my chest, even tiny sips. I must admit it is hard to keep the fluids up, I seem to be constantly sipping water! I haven't needed any painkillers since I left hospital, just feel a bit tight and achy, It does hurt to bend down though!
Anyway I have probably bored you all for long enough now! Lol

Look forward to reading about everyone else's journeys xxx

Well I'm pleased it went well & thank you for sharing. Hope today your feeling well.

fantastic and glad to hear no pain relief needed and your managing to drink and 'eat' as needed without problems x

9 days and counting for moi!!!!!! OMG i could pee my pants with excitement!

keep us posted and keep well xxx

welcome, and im glad it all went well!

Back