• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie !!

Tracey12

Hi, I'm hoping this is the right way to do my 1st post!

I have just taken the plunge and booked my gastric wrap!
Eeeek I can't believe I have done it :)
I am booked in with BBC Direct (Bodies Beautiful) Prague.
Surgery scheduled for Nov 26th!

I was impressed with the communication and help and advise I received from Nick. Choosing a Clinic was hard as you hear so many stories. I chose the wrap over the band and in preference to the sleeve. I just think this is the right one for me after much research.

Anyway, its done, I am excited and looking forward to the start of a new journey. I have read many posts on here before joining and found them so encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

I will start my own story and track my journey as I go in the hope that someone else might be encouraged too.

:D

Hi, I'm hoping this is the right way to do my 1st post!

I have just taken the plunge and booked my gastric wrap!
Eeeek I can't believe I have done it :)
I am booked in with BBC Direct (Bodies Beautiful) Prague.
Surgery scheduled for Nov 26th!

I was impressed with the communication and help and advise I received from Nick. Choosing a Clinic was hard as you hear so many stories. I chose the wrap over the band and in preference to the sleeve. I just think this is the right one for me after much research.

Anyway, its done, I am excited and looking forward to the start of a new journey. I have read many posts on here before joining and found them so encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

I will start my own story and track my journey as I go in the hope that someone else might be encouraged too.

:D
Hey Tracey! welcome to the site, and good luck, feel free to ask any questions, you will get a lot of good advice from here :) what op are you having? xx

Hi and welcome. Lots of luck :)

Hi Caren, thank you.
I'm having the wrap in November.
I did consider the sleeve but researched the wrap and it seems to do the trick. If I acheive half of what you have I will be pleased. You have done amazing. Has it been tough?
So glad I found this site :)

Tracey

Thanks Eve30
excited to go so November better hurry up lol
Everyone here is so inspiring. Nice to have a place to share.

Hi Tracey, welcome to a group of really friendly supportive people! November is not too long now time will fly by. Good luck on your journey xxx

Welcome :) Im a bander so not much use to what you're going to have, but welcome anyway :)

Thanks Sharon. Counting the days!
How are you finding the band? Looks like you are doing amazing! Its so cool to think we are all on the same WL journey and we are all going to win!..

Tracey12 said:
Thanks Sharon. Counting the days!
How are you finding the band? Looks like you are doing amazing! Its so cool to think we are all on the same WL journey and we are all going to win!..

Hi Tracy, I'm in the early stages, on Pre op diet at moment, my band is getting fitted 2 weeks tomorrow! I've lost a little as done 1 week low carb to try boost my weight loss and shrink the old liver, and feel great. Loads of people on this site have helped me gain confidence to ask for their help and advice, everyone has ideas on whatever you worry over or need to ask. Its a fab support network. Yes you are definitely right... We are all going to win!!! X :)

Hi tracey. Welcome to the forum. Wish you all the best with your wrap. There are a few of us on here now who have had one or are awaiting theirs.
I'm 6 weeks post op and so far so good :)

Hi Tracy, good luck. I am a newbie too. Love this site, everyone is great and it has helped me alot. xxx

Hi tracey. Welcome to the forum. Wish you all the best with your wrap. There are a few of us on here now who have had one or are awaiting theirs.
I'm 6 weeks post op and so far so good :)
Hey Sara, how are you coping. Is it hard on the immediate post op diet. Do you feel hungry at all? 20lbs down is amazing. Well done. Such a fabulous start.

Hi Tracy, good luck. I am a newbie too. Love this site, everyone is great and it has helped me alot. xxx
Thanks Doodoo, its great knowing so many kind people share your journey and offer great support from personal experience. Hope you are recovering well from your surgery.

Good luck Tracey from a fellow wrapper! Hope your journey to the losers bench is smooth x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery
Thank you Gillykit . I sure do crave that losers bench position lol. How are you getting on. Nice to talk to someone who has had a wrap done.

Tracey12 said:
Hey Sara, how are you coping. Is it hard on the immediate post op diet. Do you feel hungry at all? 20lbs down is amazing. Well done. Such a fabulous start.

Thanks!
It's funny really... I suppose the post op diet is hard at the time, but I'm only just going onto solids and looking back i don't think it was hard at all!
For the first week its just about getting fluids in. I didn't really start trying to eat/drink at meal times until well into my second week. I just wasn't ready. Then it was small amounts of soup or watered down yoghurt. I loved ice lollies :)
I never felt hungry in the early days, but really missed taste I had loads of cravings for cheese or fish! I even scoured the internet ford cheese soup recipes. I bought the stuff to make it...then didn't want it! Thats the thing with the early days, your tastes change every day!
I have thought I was hungry recently, since going back to work but this is definitely head hunger, so I tends to have a veg oxo on hand and that satisfies me. I know I can't be that hungry because when I try to eat lunch I can still barely manage a thing!

Back